Make ALL obsolete stuff tradable!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rattophaxe, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Like, why not??? What could it hurt? There's all sorts of cool-looking gear from old xpacs that I'd like that I don't have the time or accesses to go get that I'm sure someone has stashed somewhere!

We could even make this a general rule -- soon as xpac N drops everything from everything from xpacs N-2 or older gets its Heirloom tag removed. Simples!!
    KauaiJim likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I support this if only because there's a NO TRADE brawler-only quest reward from a level 17 quest in Antonica that I completed back in 2004 that didn't get a proper itemized reward until 2011, and I want to add it to my collection.

However... actually going through the database of thousands upon thousands of items would be very time consuming for the dev team, so I can understand why they wouldn't attempt this.
    KauaiJim and Siren like this.
  3. KauaiJim Active Member

I also like this idea but agree with Ouka that it would probably be a big project they aren't likely to do (at least right now with things like the dx11 rollout etc going on).

But oh yeah, it sure would be cool to loosen the no-trade choke hold on so much old content. :)