Make All Currency like Vet Currency (ie cross characters)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ahlana, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Ahlana Active Member

Is this possible? Would sure be convenient instead of trying to find which character has what currency and logging on and off each one trying to find it all.
    blutree, Katz, Pixistik and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is possible, although it would require alot of re-coding. which is more time consuming then people think (having only coded very very simple things. I couldn't even think of a huge game system). I wouldn't really want any possible bugs happen that would probably easily happen in doing it.
    also it doesn't make much business sense from Soe.
    if you have say a character on Splitpaw. and a character on Crushbone. if it was account wide it wouldn't care, but if you wanted the tokens on crushbone that your splitpaw toon has you would have to transfer him (25 dollars for soe).
    Deago likes this.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

It already is for a lot of it. City Tokens, Etyma and such a lot of it is heirloom. meaning you take it out of your currency window, and put it in your shared bank. I know my friend keeps a box that just currencies so all of it is in one place and she can see how much of what kinda she has.
    Samael likes this.
  4. Ahlana Active Member

I know it is heirloom. But finding bank room for currencies .. is a bit daunting I have more than a full bags worth that is for sure lol.

I did not take into account how characters on separate servers would work though (via Ucala's post).
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

You have a 48 slot bag full of currency? Ouch. And I thought I was bad still having some Quellthulian tokens & D.I.R.T.Y. money.

If you don't have a 44-48 (or 52 if you buy it with Loyalty Tokens) slot bag, you ought to save up for some. Worth while investment.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

Every month at City Festival I see that currency exchange person and think to myself... NO WAY YOU'RE GETTING MY D.I.R.T.Y. MONEY! :mad:

Gotta admit I like the OP's idea.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The stickler with tokens is that they have a stack limit when you put them in packs. Dungeon tokens were terrible with a stack of 200 when I had 60k on one toon that I wanted to pass to others.
  8. Ahlana Active Member

Some types of Currency do not stack well once you separate them. So I have quite a bit of tokens that take up multiple spots if I were to separate them out. However if all currency was shared amongst characters on the same servers this would not be a problem. Free bank space for all!! And no more searching to see what you have.

This ^^^ Exactly!
    suka and Katz like this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

Don't think I wouldn't like to have it all in one easy to access place, because I would =), I just don't think it would be an easy fix for SOE and might not even be something they want to do for some other reason.

Alternately you can do what I do, put everything on your main for each server.

Finora holds all my tokens on EF and Test Finora has them there. I periodically clear out everything from alts by dumping it in the bank then pick it up with Finora.

It's does take up time, but it takes up considerably less time than searching for who has how many of what. And keeps bank space open for all the other stuff that I seem to collect that there aren't depots for.
    santargria, Mermut and Shmogre like this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Talked to an EQ2 dev about this at SOE Live. They absolutely want to do it, but the way Veteran Currency was made cross-account was a little... kludgy. Also, Vet Currency started out cross-account. If they made other currencies cross-account, they'd have to deal with the fact that you could have some in your bank, in your shared bank, in your inventory, or in your Currency tab. Keeping up with all that and making sure people don't lose them could be a real mess.
    JuJu, Deveryn, Finora and 2 others like this.
  11. Avianna Well-Known Member

I for one would be willing to lose some to have the feature added. I spend at least an hour a day moving etyma's around to my main to keep track of how many I have and it's a pain in the tucas!

Any more word on this?
  12. Deago Well-Known Member

Functionality for cross-server or all character tokens is already in place. Should only require a flag or small change to the tokens. Assumptions of course...

Would be a nice change overall. I could see some far stretched issues but overall a good change imho.
  13. Samael Member

I'm doing this when I get home.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

Definitely assumptions as this is NOT how it works. ;)
    Deago likes this.
  15. Deago Well-Known Member

Well that would mean they wrote something totally special just for Loyalty Tokens. Ah well... I assume everything is logically in order. With that same mindset I should also realize that it is never fully in order but order with a dash of chaos. :p

A real issue just off the top of my head would simply be gathering all the tokens from all the toons on all the servers and putting them into one basket. Loyalty tokens started this way so that was never an issue. Not a difficult algorithm (its been done numerous times) but requires time nevertheless.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's actually incredibly difficult for the EQ2 game servers to read account-level stuff. This is why we don't have shared Friends lists, Ignore lists, shared currency, etc. Loyalty Tokens are, believe it or not, a hidden Account Feature which increments. So right there under "Destiny of Velious" and "Rise of Kunark" there's a hidden line item "Loyalty Tokens: 247" that the game reads and adjusts as they are spent. Now you can see why making all currencies account-wide would be tricky and may cause problems for Accounting. At SOE Live, we talked about the possibility of packing more data into one of these line items to handle 10-15 currencies per line, but this was before EQN got all our programmers.
    Deago likes this.
  17. Rimmy New Member

I would certainly be all for this change but in the mean time I just put ALL currency on one specific toon.
    A little time consuming but well worth knowing where it is when I need it.

My husband uses the shared bank method but he's not nearly as much of a pack rat as I am.
    Finora likes this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

I tend to visit the bank and clear out my bags before I put my toons 'away', so I just put my currency in the shared bank then and my main picks it up next time to the bank. Make it easy to keep track of, takes almost no extra time and doesn't use bank space.
  19. Deago Well-Known Member

Tis good information.
  20. Avianna Well-Known Member

This is why this game needs a complete overhaul but... doing so would mean shutting down the servers for months and revamping EVERYTHING... Hence why EQN is coming cause that's easier.