Mail Box Use Breaks Vendor/Chat/Loot Interactions

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Zozzo, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Zozzo New Member

Only impacting my toon on Stormhold. Attempting to open the mail box via house, public mail boxes, or via EQ 2 menu never opens the mail interaction UI. The game then acts as if I am in a permanent mail session, until I zone, which prevents any interaction with vendors or loot, as I just get a message stating "You are too busy at the moment". Mail is completely unusable. I've reinstalled and revalidated all game files, rebooted, reloaded and reset UI, no dice. F10 does not highlight a mail window, so it's basically a ghosted non-visible/usable mail window that can't be closed.

I'vd found dozens of articles, all of them archived forum entries, about this issue, and none has a resolution other than a bug being found by the devs and patched out.

Am I the only one having this issue, because I see no recent articles about it?

Running on Windows 10 for reference, but like I said, toons not on Stormhold are not having this issue.

Sadly, the prog server is the only reason I'm playing again, so pretty much kills any gaming I feel like doing...
  2. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

When you get the "too busy" message try camping, but right after your character sits down stand up again. This won't fix the mail problem, but it should get the vendors, repair bot, etc., working again without the need to log out.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Zozzo New Member

Well, I'm not sure if there was a server reset or a bug found with the mail server communication with the core game, but as of today, it's working on Stormhold.

I'm going to wager a guess it was some back-end issue on DBG's side that resolved itself.