Magick Users

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've never used a character that uses magick. Which one would be the best one to start with? And how do you use them when soloing? I mean what spells are the to start with?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Illusionists buff Caster Classes.
    Coercers buff Melee Classes.

I play an illusionist, they start with single target spells each. They both have Damage over Time spells the Illy has more group-buffs through their Time Warp line where Coercers have tools to help with aggro of enemies. I can't speak much of coercers because Sprockwaddle was deleted at level 51 (my Nagafen Coercer). Hope maybe some of that answers part of your question.
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Magician and Necromancer are pure casters with strong pets. In this case you can chose between 3 different type of pets (caster, tank and scout). They'll fight for you while you blast your enemy down with lower hitting spells.

Wizards and warlocks are also pure casters with much higher hitting spells but without a pet. Warlock concentrates on area damage while wizard has stronger single target dmg spells. Both are very strong dps classes tho.

Illusionists and coercer are also pure caster with lots of control, debuff and buff potential. For example a coercer can mesmerise an opponent, unload a handful of debuffs on the mob and with a single cast do lots of damage, but it takes time to prepare all that. Both also have excellent group buffs and mana regeneration abilities.

Since the gear is this good compared to years ago, you just pull a mob and let it hit on you while you nuke it down. Stronger mobs will have to be rooted/stunned while you use your spells from range to kill them.
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

This seems a lot to remember. I think I'll stick with my paladin for now. When I become more familiar with the game I'll try out one of the magick users.