Magical Debuff ears From Raids.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hammdaddy, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Hammdaddy Active Member

Hi. The magical debuff ears (Magical Vulnerability 1-3) which are basically of the most use in raids come from instances, any chance we can get them to drop from raids or at least up the drop rate; or we can use last tier gear for the remainder of the game because these ears will forever be best in slot. Thank you.
  2. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Prob intended as one of those items where you'll want to do heroics to improve raid quality. If it weren't for items like this, there wouldn't be a reason for raiders to do heroics.
    Estred likes this.
  3. Koko Well-Known Member

I love heroic content, and agree these items are incredibly powerful.

However I wouldn't be opposed to alternative methods of getting raiders into heroics (e.g. red or purple gems via ferrin).
    Ragna likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

The raiders that used to do Heroics a lot were the T1 and T2 "Casual/Pick Up Guilds" which have been in harsh decline since SF where you would seek weekly runs of Vigilant and Toxxulia or even Abominable Labs done by these guilds. Player perceptions have become much more close minded over time.

The community seems very clearly:
    Solo/Molo
    High-End Raid

The mid-end raiders and Heroicers seem almost lost or too timid to really speak up. I see people who claim to be part of this demographic from time to time but most of them all say that they play with their guild or friends almost exclusively due to how harsh PuGs have become.
    Prrasha likes this.
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

Pretty sure the argument of getting raiders to do heroics is pointless, why would i bother doing a zone that gives me nothing other than a chance at this earring? On top of that most raiders are too lazy to log in; this seems very counterproductive and a bad itemization concept to me.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

*shrug* They like mixing stuff (e.g. raiding/crafting).

I really liked the HM duo zones, and thought they were a good mix of all three. I'd like it if there were HM heroic zones of the same difficult/rewards. Heck I'd love it if that were the focus of the game (HM duo difficult heroic zones with crafting tie ins).
  7. Vasco Active Member

Rift had the right idea. Their version of heroic dungeons gave a small amount of raid currency when completed. So even though the expert dungeons had nothing I could use, I would still run them for the currency. Yes that also mean carrying the pugs.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

So what, 1 Drop Currency for completing the Zone and maybe 1 for Challenge version of a fight and 1 for a Quest? Is that what you're talking about?
  9. Vasco Active Member

Rift had a different system for obtaining raid armor and certain gear. You did raids, you earn currency from raid kills and you use that currency to buy armor and few other items from vendors. Even if you were clearing all current raid content, it could take you 3 months to acquire all the current raid gears. You can speed it up a little by doing heroic dungeons and old raids and acquire extra currency while you wait for your raid timer to reset.
    Jrel likes this.