Mage pet power

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-ToxicLullaby, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-ToxicLullaby Guest

I am currently soloing with the mage pet at 20 (Expert) and doing much better than with the tank. One thing I noticed is that it goes through Power ridiculously fast though.
    Will the pet's power consumption level out to a reasonable point soon, or will it always drain its reserves in a minute or two?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

with AA's you'll never have to worry about it's power pool soon
  3. ARCHIVED-ToxicLullaby Guest

Sciomar@Unrest_old wrote:
    Oh, which AA's? The only power related one I see is the INT endline, but didn't think it would help 'that' much.
    So far I have tainted heals and am a few points away from finishing the int line.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

It's the Int line endline ability. Not the spell double attack though.
  5. ARCHIVED-ToxicLullaby Guest

Oh cool.
    So the description is vague. Does it essentually use 35% less power 'and' add a percentage of that to health, or what?
  6. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Succuba@Oasis wrote:
    ^^^ Yes, essentually.
    Also, since Stat changes of DOV and no backwards compatibility to Itemization you are going to have much less power in general terms due to the removal of the +Power blue stat. Your Pet is going to share your power woes. But fear not, all can be solved with AA's, spell upgrades and gear or atleast a combination of the three.
    • AA's will raise your Power Pool directly which might get shared with the pet.
    • AA's will raise your base INT which will raise your Power Pool directly which Will get shared with the pet.
    • AA's will feed back power to pet (INT Endline 'Empowered Servant')
    • Upgraded Spells like 'Teaching of the Underworld' will raise your INT which will raise your Pets power pool.
    • The more damage you & your pet can do the faster you end fights which means you cast spells harder requiring less spells to be cast to down the targets. Therefore, the more DPS you can do the less power your pet will use.
    The only question you have to answer is what is the efficency ratio for upgrades to leveling. If you are focused on leveling then you'll spend a lot of cash upgrading spells and gear only to replace them quickly. If you are focused on taking your time leveling (questing/grinding with the Slider heavily into AA) then upgrading spells and gear is much more effective.
    The bottom line is that the more AA's a Necro has the more powerful they are. That is kind of silly to say, but in fact, Necro's really improve greatly with lots (160+) AA's, seemingly far more then other classes.