Mage "autospell" feature

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Freliant, Jun 29, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Taemien Guest

I'm not sure I much like the idea of an autospell feature. Like someone said it would be silly if that was a new mechanic that mages had to time their spells around. The reason wands in WoW worked is because they triggered the global cooldown constantly and you could wand or cast, not both. I'm sure SoE could finaggle something to work like that, but its still an item overhaul of a small scale.
    Just how bad is the power issue? I understand that its catastrophic when mages do in fact run out of power but how often does this happen with enchanters, bards, and summoners doing their power regen buffs/items? I haven't played at engame yet, but I know between my necromancer and an illusionist in a party, no one dipped below 80%.
    If it only regularly happens when soloing, well... thats a management issue. If it happens all the time in raids, then we've got something to look at.
  2. ARCHIVED-Carthrax Guest

At endgame power generally isn't an issue. With decent chanters, and healers wearing the Zarrakon belt, power usually doesn't drop below 80% at all, except on mobs with a power drain..
    Mages have already almost completely removed scouts from raid forces this xpac, so you might as well give them the autospell thing to completely take them out.. I can see it now.. 1 swash, 1 brig, bards and that's it. although, that's usually all the scouts people take now, anyways.
  3. ARCHIVED-Master71 Guest

Carthrax wrote:
    As we managed to go through the zone, the raid force is consistent and the lead know how to do group :p
    But don't worry, i, conjuror, T3 and mythic, with troub, coercer and SK, managed to break the 6K raid wide barrier on this raid...
    The Wizzard topped at 110K but didn't manage more thant 5K raid wide.
    The assassin topped at 40K, and finish at 12K raid wide.

These Extension enlarge the gap between mage and CaC, so nowadays, as a mage, it's difficult to have a place in raid, as usually, where's one groupe devoted to mage, in case of distant combat, and 3 to CaC.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

I just run in and autoattack.....

Mages have power replenish spells, theres tons of clickys, signets, potions, tinkered stuff, and if all else fails run in and auto attack.
    I dont agree with giving us an a form of spell autoattack, what would be cool is if we had a 15-20 sec buff where we could consume life rather than power for its duration to cast spells.