Made an EQ2 Furniture OpenSearch at Mycroft Project

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mysstie, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Mysstie Well-Known Member

2. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I went to the link but I still don't understand what this is for.
  5. Ethini Well-Known Member

I can only attempt to explain use in Firefox. In your browser, to the right of your address box is a search box. Depending upon how you have it configured, you can set up a default search engine and multiple alternates (search engines examples are Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc). What this handy little addon is, is another search engine, linked directly to EQ2 Furniture.com.

I have my FF configured to use Google by default, and none of the other main search engines. I clicked on the link above, and then clicked on the addon.

Now, for example, I can type "High Keep" in my search box, and I get a drop down with a selection of search engines to query, since I only have Google and now EQ2 Furniture, I select EQ2 Furniture, and my browser will now go directly to the EQ2 Furniture site, with all of the results for "High Keep"
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I set up a Keyword for the search so I can type "ef high keep" in the address bar to search for all the High Keep items there.

Oh, I also made one for EQ2U since I'm always doing item searches there: http://mycroftproject.com/search-engines.html?name=eq2u

I can only get both of those to work in Firefox. Google Chrome won't let me add anything there (I don't like that browser) and IE11 doesn't like the EQ2U one since it uses POST. So, yeah..
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ethini like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As I'm understanding, it kind of does a Search function more like the sort for the items on the Broker or Recipes (which I would love to see them do for the House Item list in your home; type in any key word and it'll be helpful), rather than the Search in your Character Sheet or in EQ2 Furniture: a bit more forgiving if you don't remember the exact name elements. At least with EQ2 Furniture, if you get at least one of the words right, it'll try; I think with the Character Sheet Search, you'd better get them all right or else. :-/

Uwk
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

Iiiiiiiiinteresting.
  9. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Lera needs a good search engine!

LOL
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh ok, ty for explaining. I actually use Chrome, and don't really care much for Firefox, though this particular tool does sound quite handy. I wonder why more browsers don't use something like this?
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You and my hubby, both; I prefer Firefox, usually (except when it's acting up :-/).

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, Lera has a good search engine... :D

Uwk
    Lera likes this.
  13. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I have Chrome installed but don't like the way it renders some text and other elements or the way the UI behaves. Just old habits I guess. But, use whatever works best for you.