LVL 30 Ability??? Which to choose Corrupter vs. Pack of Dogs

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-alvajer, Feb 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-alvajer Guest

I'm lvl 27 getting close to 30, reading the forums and not sure which to choose. I have the heroe as my main pet now. Should i buy adept 3 UA now to plan for the future and get the dogs, or is the corrupter definately worth it. Also if I respec, once the Heroe is no longer needed what should I choose.

I appreciate all info,

Bajin of Seraphim
  2. ARCHIVED-Zimike Guest

The Grim Corrupter is the better one of the 2 I believe. If you chcek my post on DPS between pets you will see why the Grmi Corruptor is the best pet for the next 14 levels.
  3. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

That's not true, the RT is a far superior pet than the lvl 30 training pet starting at level 38-40 ish.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jeff59 Guest

Guess I'm the only one who took the pet buff at 30. Though if I was closer to 30 for the respec I would of taken the dogs. If they weren't bugged I would of taken the dogs the first time around.
  5. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I have the dogs and they are mean as hell.
  6. ARCHIVED-Arukara Guest

basicly depend on if you want long lasting benefits from your training or imediate. If you want immediate then choose the pet and by time RT roles around you can put your 30 training on the shelf. If you want long lasting I still use my dogs at 42 and the spell cons blue which gives one white dog and 2 blues. your call
  7. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Well, you can save your respec now... get the pet at 30, then wait till 38 when you get the RT and respec back to dogs... I think I'm going to try that.
  8. ARCHIVED-HoSSy Guest

at 35 i respec and took the dogs over teh corrupter since im close to 38.. the corrupter is awsome dps but now i can solo ^^ group mobs with the dogs and adept 1 Ua..if i were you id get teh adept 3 Ua and the dogs if you want to solo harder things and group alot..you wont do as much dps in groups ( unless you have the dogs and ua goin ) but you will be able to solo well...but still if you want to chain pull solo mobs the corrupter kicks butt.

since i group alot i figured be nice to kill some green/blue named mobs to me for fun and loot..
  9. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

Got to take the dogs.

Who could pass up playing Mr. Burns..."Release the hounds..."???
  10. ARCHIVED-Demothises Guest

Don't know, the dps from the pet which is out all the time compared to the swarm spells with the long recast timer, logically id say go with the pet. Im not at level 30 yet so I don't know. Here is a question though, anyone have an adept 3 rat yet and if so how well dose it work?
    Message Edited by Demothises on 02-18-2005 05:52 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Gloin Maehix Guest

i made a seperate post but....

Ok im 29 90% into about to ding 30, i have Hero pet, Undying Adherent apprent 4, Spellbinder adept 1, at 30 should i get corrupter or hell hounds, and what should i do? i respec'd to lose Opal's Aggravating Seal, for Hero Pet since i was told Hero pet makes a better tank then Undying Adherent.... so i can't re-respec..
  12. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

OK, just to try to answer this question and kill about 4 billion threads at once....

There is no comparison between the hounds and the corruptor. If you are already well into your 30s and you have had the corruptor for a while then you already know the answer. But if you aren't 30 yet. Or just turned 30 then you REALLY REALLY need the corruptor for another 7-8 levels. The hounds are not a pet. They will not follow you around and kill things. The hounds are just a DoT (albeit a very high-damage output DoT) that is really only useful in very specific, ^^ epic encounters.
  13. ARCHIVED-kenaniah Guest

Well what is the recast on those hounds?

If it's short enough to be used every fight...hurrah. If it's like 5 minutes or something like that...then my choice is easily made.....
  14. ARCHIVED-kibs Guest

I believe the recast is one minute on the hounds.
  15. ARCHIVED-alvajer Guest

It stills seems a little back and forth... no real concensess. so i guess what i'm looking fo ris some post lvl 30 necro's with some intiligent, and maybe some parser info to substatiate the worth of the dogs over the corrupter or vice versu.

plz continues to add input

THX,
    Bajin of guild Seraphim (Crushbone)
  16. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

There are many posts about this stuff alvajer, some on the first page. Look around, there are parses for both hounds and corruptor... plenty of information for you to make your decision.
  17. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

The hounds are a 2 minute recast. I've had them the whole time and the adept 3 UA and did just fine up to RT which is awesome.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zimike Guest

The Corruptor is great if you are a group freak.... You will get better DPS in the long run over many fights then with the Dogs,but If you are into Soloing I think the Dogs are a treat... I got the Corruptor and I have been happy.. Those who got the dogs are happy as well so I guess it all comes down to your play style.
  19. ARCHIVED-ablepharous Guest

I respeced at 34 and took the pet and it is now it's 34 :smileyhappy: Soloing with the corrupter is easy, yes you can't take more than 2 on but the dogs just took too long for recast. I can kill 3 to 4 mobs in the time the dogs are ready.
  20. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

I took the hounds over the Pet and here is the reasons why.

1- While the Pet is good dps and makes a good tank pet it will be come quite useless later on. Also, if you are good at position the assassin pet it will equal or outdo the damgage on it.

2- While the Dogs are NOT a pet, just a dot, and a 1 min recast, they are awesome damage. Not just on specific ^^ fights but any. On a ave they increase my parsed total damage by 2-6k depending on length of the fight.

3- You will put the pet behind you but the dogs you will continue to use. As far as I can tell the rat swarm we get is NOWHERE near compared to the damage the dogs do. I am 44 and still use the dogs every fight they are up.