lvl 22 high elf training choices

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-uzhiel feathered serpent, Jul 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-uzhiel feathered serpent Guest

Sorry for posting a question. I tired to read the FAQ and do a forum search, but no luck.

My question is that i just dinged lvl 22 with my high elf and I got 4 training choices. The 2 that really interest me is the 2.5 extra power and the extra 5 mana regen points. My question is this...is the mana regen in-combat or out? and is the extra power significant?

Any advice helps, thx!

Menhit Silver, lvl 22 Warlock, Mystic Guardians, Faydark
  2. ARCHIVED-CyruSuryc Guest

Regen is Out of combat. Extra power is 2.5 or your base power, so its not very significant. It really doesn't matter that much. I chose extra power because I can get drink to increase me regen. Just go with what you want.
  3. ARCHIVED-Talonis Guest

My first go around, I picked the 2.5% increase both times. I recently used my /respec from way back when and chose the regen both times it was offered. A fellow guildie [also 50 warlock, dark elf tho] picked the pool increase. Now remember, our gear is totally different, but my gear gives more power than his, yet he has about 100 or so more power than me.

It amounts to about one more spell cast during the course of a battle, all things being equal. I think the value in being prepared sooner for the next battle outweighs that one more spell, but that was my choice. Some may say that one more spell could make the difference between winning and wiping. Having good gear, upgraded buffs, diverse groups, potions, and smart play really make these trait choices irrelevant IMHO. Picking one over the other isn't a toon-breaking decision.

BTW, when we get our next /respec (as promised) I will be sticking with both the regen choices. No regrets.