Luclin is next expansion?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Vexiphne, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-roces9 Guest

/\ Someone went to space camp...
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Miladian wrote:
    What your not understanding is that when people talk about the PATH of a Satalite they ONLY talk about the Orbit they Ignore the "visable path" it takes, this is how you get "polar orbits" wich is what we are talking about with Drinal(accually some are saying it doesn't accually orbit at all, it just sits thier near the south pole). Yes, when you stand on the ground an look up it(assuming you can see if from your Hemishpear would appear to move E->W, but when talking about Satalites you don't go by it's apparent movement, but it's accual movement. On the otherhand like I said befor if your taking about a relitivly FIXED object, like a sun, then you talk about it's Apparent Movement, because it is the only movement(relitivly speaking) it is making.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Miladian Guest

Drinal appears to move north to south, its not stationary in the sky, and its not moving East to West as the sun does. I'm perfectly well aware that the sun isn't actually moving in the sky relative to me, I'm rotating under it with the surface of the planet. I'm not stupid, I do know what I'm talking about. If Drinal were stationary, it wouldn't move across the sky from N -> S, it would appear to move from E->W with the E ->W rotation of Norrath. Of course we're all assuming that Norrath ACTUALLY ROTATES. Maybe in this realm of reality, Norrath really is the center of the universe and the universe rotates around it. This is one way that Drinal could move N -> S
  5. ARCHIVED-KefkaQ Guest

Okay so I'm NOT nuts and Luclin IS rotating on it's axis.
  6. ARCHIVED-MADDTHWIPPS Guest

Who has actually said from SOE, "Luclin is gone forever, dont expect it." or something similar. they may have, but i never saw it. Everquest 2 is all about magic. whose to say Luclin, being angry that her one claim on the area was destroyed, reforms it and returns life to it. Or by some miracle, the core burns out and she returns life to it. Hell, Luclin is a god, she can do these sorta things, i think. What about a group of wizards reforming it to seek the combine's ancient artifacts from long ago. all u ppl saying its gone, get over it, do u actually know or are u speaking from something other than ur mouth. until i see a Dev say," Luclin is not happening." i will still hope.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Um.

The entire premise of the game is that all these terrible wars and cataclysms happened. Earthquakes, and the... moon exploding?

I can see it now.

"Oh yeah, the moon blew up and rained fire down upon Norrath! That is the basis of our huge storyline! But it's all better now."

Doesn't sit right with me :p I'd think they'd go other places before touching the kasploded moon.
  8. ARCHIVED-MADDTHWIPPS Guest

I personally wasnt saying it will be the "next expansion." Just that it could be one in the future. Id say they would bring back Odus and Velious back before Luclin. Was just saying that Luclin could still happen.
  9. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

First a qualifier. I'm not a lore-a-holic seeking out little scraps of info in every corner of Norath so it is perfectly plausible I am unaware of some small tidbits of info.
    That being said, when they decided to embark on the shattered lands concept, which I admitedly was not exactly wild about, I at least thought that there would be some type of developing story line. So far, in 3+ years, there really hasn't been one, in my opinion, unless you want to consider, "oh yeah, another lost land". I am no closer, in over 3 years, of having a clue as to what caused Luclin to explode and rain fire down on Norath. Just when are they going to develop this story line or are they even going to bother?
    That being said, Velious, Odus, Luclin, whatever is fine but either progress the story arc or admit that there is none. Discovery of yet another lost land is getting a bit old. The Luclin of EQ1, despite all its faults, still pumped something a bit new and unexpeceted into the game. We need something of that nature once again I think. Velious could be a prime candidate if they follow through with it having been mostly inundated with water. An underwater expansion might at least provide some needed spice.
    EoF was heralded by most folks as a very good expansion and I mostly agree but Kunark was a bit of a let down in my opinion. There was nothing to really get pumped up about in all of Kunark. EQ1's Kunark was a far more interesting place than EQ2's.
  11. ARCHIVED-MADDTHWIPPS Guest

Qandor wrote:
    The lore of what happened to Luclin was explained in the Prismatic 1.0 quest. Luclin was blown up by Kerafyrm (The Sleeper) who was a prismatic dragon. Kerafyrm was the child of Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen, and when a dragon of fire and a dragon of ice mate, it creates a prismatic dragon. this is forbidden among the dragon clans and naggy and vox were exiled from their clans. a prismatic dragon is probably the most powerful creature that could set foot in Norrath. Even the Gods could not kill him, only put Kerafyrm to sleep. That is why Kerafyrm is also known as the sleeper. He must have awoken from something and didnt like the moon very much, because he tore it a new one. I dont know what happened to Kerafyrm after that, maybe he was put back to sleep.
  12. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

MADDTHWIPPS wrote:
    Um, Kerafyrm was NOT the offspring of Vox and Naggy and Luclin was destroyed by minions of Solusek Ro and Rallos Zek in an attempt to remove from mortals the ability to teleport and thus hobble their ability to organize the large raid forces used to assault the Planes of Power.
    The whole basic premise behind the original release of EQ2 was that the Gods turned from Norrath to punish mortals for assaulting the gods in their home realms. In doing so they severed the connections between Norrath and the Planes of Power. Acting of their own accord, Rallos Zek and Solusek Ro took it one step further by sending their minions to assault the Nexus, which rested in the center of Luclin. The Nexus was one of the major teleportation hubs and powered the Combine teleportation network used by wizards to teleport across Norrath. The destruction of the Nexus in Luclin's core shattered the moon, raining death and destruction down on Norrath.

This was all explained in the original Lore chapters posted on the EQ2 website before the games initial launch.
  13. ARCHIVED-Hekynn Guest

Ya from that slide show it really does look like its coming back together :D I cant wait and I will have a pc that can run eq2 in Max Detail Setting soon hahaha! :D
  14. ARCHIVED-vochore Guest

MADDTHWIPPS wrote:
    i wish some one could tell me how this was posible since if you where playing eq1 back before eq2 came out the sleeper was killed in eq1 by i think 3 quildes working together...it was an epic battle that actualy toke something like 3 hrs or so to do....was screwed up by a dev who despawned the mob becuse he thought they where using an exploit to kill him only be respawned becuse he was found to be wrong....watched it go down in the world wide channel that was set up for it.

and here,s a link to the story http://gotgame.corante.com/archives20031101.html
    sec paragraph dowm

and here is 1 more thing worth reading http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/s...6463&start=1150
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Sulan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You're both mis-informed in many details, though Sulan is more correct.

The Prismatic storyline eventually reveals that both Darath AND Nagafen both lied to you about Kerafyrm destroying Luclin. Neither of them were able to say with 100% certainty that it was even him in the first place, and Nagafen even admits during the Claymore questline in KOS that even dragons can be mistaken from time to time. Neither of them know what happened to Luclin. Kerafyrm wasn't Vox and Nagafen's child. Thier goal was to make MORE prismatic dragons themselves, to which they have succeeded to a small degree in which there are unhatched prismatic eggs that Nagafen guards over.
    The forces of Rallos Zek and Solusek Ro did intend and suceeded in cutting off teleportation around Norrath and Luclin by interfering with the Nexus, but that wasn't the point when Luclin exploded. The invasion of the Nexus took place within the first 30 or so years of the 500 years that passed between EQlive and EQ2. Luclin would not blow up until aproxamately 15 years ago (485 of those 500 years). The actual amount of years has never been revealed because nobody ever talks about it. Vhalen has stated that a great war would eventually erupt on Luclin in that time period, though we don't know by who, for what cause, or if the war itself destroyed the Nexus, and ultimately, Luclin along with it. He did say that the Vah Shir did participate in the war though. It was something they probably couldn't have avoided.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

There are an entire host of famous mobs in EQ2 that were "killed" in EQ1 before. The Sleeper is no different. How many times was Naggy killed...
  17. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Thanks for typing out the issues with the info. I was too lazy to even bother.
  18. ARCHIVED-Jiwi Guest

Since this whole game is fantasy, that doesn't stop them (SOE) from doing many things, up to and including one of the gods having had intervened and saving Beastlords, and all the inhabitants on Luclin and moving them to someplace safe.
    The sky's the limit!
    Slowdethh
  19. ARCHIVED-zip Guest

The whole EQ lore from EQ1 to EQ2 and beyond is so deep and rich that I just honestly can't understand how come the pen and paper version of EQ failed so quickly. Somebody screwed up somewhere because there is just too much good lore here for it not to make a great pen and paper game.
  20. ARCHIVED-MADDTHWIPPS Guest

yea, i was wrong on alot of things, been a while since i read the prismatic quest chat. I did however read something on Kerafyrm attacking Skyshrine and killing Yelinak. After he had killed Yelinak, he flew away and nobody knew where. Shortly after, Norrath had some very tough times eventually leading to the Shattering. So it doesnt say anywhere who destroyed Luclin, but I wouldnt be surprised if Kerafyrm had a hand in it. sorry for the misinformation earlier.

edited for a typo