LU24 Pet/buff changes patched to Test - What Changed

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Deila, May 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Actually (again, assuming my math is good at this hour), it's a 25% reduction in auto attack damage.
    100% (baseline) + 33% bonus.
    (33% + 33% +34%) + 33%
    Take away one of the 33%, and you're at roughly 75% of where you were, taking the extra 1% into account.
    /cheer! for math in lieu of enough coffee! :p

Message Edited by Deila on 05-11-2006 08:13 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Bamfa_dexter Guest

It would be nice if our tank pet did get back some of the aggro holding abilities they once had, pre KoS.
    Thanks for the research and the post Vyviel.
  3. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

Deila your my Test Hero! /hug Thanks for the awesome comparison shots. Think I may have to respect my aa lines though :smileysad: I put forth 24 into my scout line, but with the reduction of output + the poor things AoE insolvency in raids I guess I should go back and stick it all into my Tank line and just grab the last ability and let the tank just pound around. Which is sad, cause I had just gotten used to seeing those 1500-1900 crits /cry. Dunno if it would be worth even soloing with, as its dps is so situational. Pity the Int line pretty much does nothing or I would maybe replace the rogue with the caster.

Dont see any 'omg time to delete' changes, although the root change hurts. The fear change...uhm did anyone ever use this more than once a fight anyways? No worries there. More a pet pref change from what i can see.
  4. ARCHIVED-Druzgotek Guest

Wow, why are they nerfing tank pet too? That thing has no dps as is, and I am quite sure even after fixes to the "accidental" nerf, it holds aggor pretty bad. They should buff up the tank pet to offset the scout pet nerfs.
    I would not be surprised if they at least nerf lich line before this goes live.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

I actually like the end-line WIS ability for my tank pet. Used it several times now as an emergency 'buy the pet a few more seconds' thing while finishing off a kill or catching up on heals while every other trick I have is waiting on reuse timers. :) There was a bit there when I was considering whether or not it was worth the 16 points to get (since I kinda doubt the practical usefulness of the previous two pre-req abilities), but.... still have it for now. It's a good ability in a pinch, just pricey to get.
    Heh - I have used multiple fears in groups before, but those times were kind of a mess. Y'know, you're fighting an encounter, and a wandering add shows up - fear, root. Finish off the first encounter, move to the second, and yet another wandering add comes strolling along, fear, root. And another, later another. :)
    In general, regarding achievements, I'd suggest sitting where we all are until we've had some time to play around with where our pets are now. Get a feel for the new environment, see what still works for us and figure out new approaches to things that no longer do, and then consider respecs as desired.
    So... off now to do a round of writs in Bonemire. I'll try out Ixthyllyx (my assassin, as shown in my Persona screenies up there) like I had been using on the spiders and basilisks, and we'll see how she fares.
  6. ARCHIVED-Catodon Guest

Out of curiosity, can you tell if any changes have been made to the swarm pets (ghastly, blighted critters, undead tide)?
  7. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Can't really tell damage-wise (I'm not one that parses everything) for certain. They seem to be untouched. But mine don't have names any more. :(
    Though, I haven't checked to be sure that pet name displays aren't now a toggle option that defaulted to On when going in. That's possible. Also possible it's a bug, but doesn't look like it, since what it does display (simply 'Vyviel's blighted horde', etc) isn't in the format of a purpose tag as it was.
  8. ARCHIVED-cfteague2 Guest

No changes to mage pet, but a 10-15% CA nerf and 25% auto-atk nerf (now 3/3 vs old 4/3) to the scout pet?

Makes me think the mage pet WILL be nerfed but they haven't done it yet. Esp since they bothered to nerf the tank pet. I don't think that was throwing up any screaming numbers....
  9. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

This is just 24 a) ... you just have to wait for 24 b)

After they break the class, play oblivion, great game !
  10. ARCHIVED-Haavokk Guest

May as well roll a conj now, not enough room for debate anymore......the sky is falling!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Bhagpuss Guest

As a Level 33 Necromancer on Test, I can't see any difference between what I can do today and what I could do last week.

However, I only ever use the tank pet (I detest the graphics on the scout and mage pets and can't bear to have them following me around) and I have always done most of the damage myself and just used the pet as a speed-bump/persistent DoT, so my playstyle may not be representative.
  12. ARCHIVED-shadyshabby Guest

This is big, lol...

Sad times for Necro's these days :smileyindifferent:
  13. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

Part LU24b will probably be a removal of the damage proc from Lich if they're dumb enough to think our tank pet does too much damage.
  14. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

OK, so the tank pet thing seems a little silly. But, I have to say that the rest of this at least appears to be reasonable. It's the Scout pet that was out-DPSing some DPS classes. In my experience it's the Scout pet that I sometimes have to back off to avoid having it pull aggro. And between that and increasing the offensive stance in the way they did it may bring the Caster pet closer to the Scout pet in DPS. Can't wait to parse for myself though.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Ouch... over 1200 reduction in scout pet skills alone.

Really sucks, but at least I'm an old schooler, the people who just rolled necros might not take weel to the 10% minimum DPS reduction this is going to put in a single patch next month.

Message Edited by Gargamel on 05-12-2006 01:06 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

Did the proc changes effect Lich? I would think they will. Cast time now will affect Lich, as, after all its a proc. Not being a control spell of any kind, its a non sequitor for a control change.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dark Orcin Guest

Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed on these impending changes. This is great information and I appreciate that you are looking out for us soloers.
  18. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Only things that had a % chance to proc were affected by those changes. Lich remains unaffected because it's Colt 45. IOW it works every time.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

But funny enough, your playstyle with the tank is the one that's correct.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

They nerfed the tank pet so it couldn't be used for primary damage. The tank pet is supposed to be the most protective and least damaging pet. In essence the tank pet should just stand their and hold agro, all the damage to kill anything should be on the necro, not the pet.

They won't tough liche in the way you describe.