Lu16 ninja changes

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-QQ-Fatman, Nov 9, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-QQ-Fatman Guest

Devastation: stun 4sec -> 3sec
    Dark nebula: stun 3.5sec -> 3sec
    Vulian intrusion: pacify 7.7sec -> 5.1sec

one good change: cower now 100% proc fear for 5sec.
  2. ARCHIVED-Darkcreator Guest

I was doing some testing on Devastation last night and came to find that the supposed 4 sec stun effect was only lasting 1.5 secs. Curious how 1.5 secs is the tick interval for the damage portion as well. In any case, the stun was not lasting as long as the description stated it should have.
    Stealth nerfs are nothing new. They know they've been taking everything away from warlocks since LU13, they just are tired of hearing all the complaints. So they "neglect" to mention further nerfs in hopes that they won't be noticed and thus not complained about. They don't want to listen to the well reasoned suggestions for fixing things. They don't want to add utility. They don't want warlocks to do anything but AoE dmg. It seems to me that it never mattered what players wanted because they always ONLY do what they want. Either that or they tune in on the posts that praise everything, even though 90% of those post come from people playing a different class.
    *shrug* whatever.
  3. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Actually nerfing Vulian Instrusion from 7.7s to 5.1s bites a lot .... lol I already got use to formula DI-AoE-HO-VI-NulD-Thwart with zero damage taken
  5. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

Seems it afflicted many classes and even more spells.
    It's funny they say they look into it because there are some "unintentional changes", but how can they make such and so many changes unintentional, or even better 'unknowingly'?

Maybe the programming is not easy and all, but it's not the first time that things like this have happened.
    Do they have crap internal communication or are they just messing with us?
  6. ARCHIVED-Seth01 Guest

Was anarchic maelstrom line meant to be changed to not include the cough effect anymore? That just sucks, my dps has dropped so much just due to this change.
  7. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

it was meant to be like that for our debuff

a troub with disonante note + our debuff == free dps you didnt even have to cast anything. They couldnt fix the cascade of procs so they nerf the debuff.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seth01 Guest

Thats what i find is the pain with the change to the debuff, sure before with other grp members buffs you could do a hell of alot of dmg and in certain situations free dps, but it used to stay up alot longer aswell. Now i gota get into the habbit that every 30secs i have to recast the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] thing :( 1min or even 45secs duration would be alot nicer. Pitty they couldnt just fix the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] thing tho.
  9. ARCHIVED-Galapas Guest

Three times last night I had Paralyzing Fear break spontaneously. Got jumped by 2 solo encounters, or had one solo wander by while fighting another. I'd root with PF and move off. Root lasted less than 5 seconds. Spell landed successfully, no doubt, because mobs were slowed. I did nothing that SHOULD have broken the root.

In each case, I was in melee range of the mob that was not rooted, and a proc went off right befor the root broke, but the procs are encounter only, I thought. Three cases are not exactly strong evidence of a connection though.
  10. ARCHIVED-Shipwreck_GPA Guest

I had this happen twice yesterday, but I had chalked it up to me missing something in the heat of battle.....
  11. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Roots just fine btw, I'd say Skeletal grasp became slightly better but once again all my roots are at Adept 3
  12. ARCHIVED-Grimsore Guest

---------------------------------------------
    Seems it afflicted many classes and even more spells.
    It's funny they say they look into it because there are some "unintentional changes", but how can they make such and so many changes unintentional, or even better 'unknowingly'?

Maybe the programming is not easy and all, but it's not the first time that things like this have happened.
    Do they have crap internal communication or are they just messing with us?
    ----------------------------------------------

You would be amazed at how the changing of one piece of code can mess with something totaly non related. In my opinion it makes it impossible to catch everything, which of course is why online games continue to have so many "bugs." They are ever changing and with any change there is a good chance other, non related, items can be affected.

Just one example of a recent thing with Update 16 on test...

If you changed your SOGO appearance via the character creation screen your shared bank slots would be wiped out, and only the good races. Who would have thought that.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dabbie Guest

Seems like the stuns were fixed, but vulian intrusion is still 5.1 seconds :smileysad:
  14. ARCHIVED-XBrit Guest

The debuff duration is just back to what it was like for months before LU13. It's not a big problem to recast , IMO, coz it's 1 sec cast.
  15. ARCHIVED-Swoonboy Guest

so that proc was how i was able to hit 1800 dps on a group of epic orcs in clefts..the cascade of proc damage was so crazy up there ....i thought it was nihlism procing wicked gift...
    i would cast ana maelstrom....then gift then aura then nil ablolution and watch the clouds of numbers fly off of the mob it was so sick
    1800 was a peak score ...i was consistantly at 1500 for the fight ...and the whole fight would last ~20 secs....safe to talk about it now that it is nerfed anyway ...fun while it lasted

Fist
    60 warlock
    Oasis