Lowbie BGs

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

Backstory:
    I have toons on PvP and PvE servers. And I have to say that in both guilds on both servers, anyone under 80 has quit bgs completely. A couple still go to Antonica warfields, but that is only when they are not on their 80s in bgs, or raiding/grouping with their 92s.
    What I liked about lowbie bgs and pvp is that the fights actually lasted more than a couple of seconds. The longer a fight lasted, the longer your skills would factor in. I stopped going to warfields when mercs came into the picture, between them the flying, leaping, people just running away or the endless 5 vs 1 type of scenario, it just lost any type of fun it once had. I turned my focus solely on bgs, because at least the numbers were relatively even, no mercs were allowed and you still have good fights where skill, gear and teamwork could all be utilized and you wouldn't have to worry so much about runners. But that is over now. Without a healer now it's instant death for anyone, no matter how equipped they are and it's why I have always disliked high end pvp.
    My point:
    I can't pretend to know what the intent of putting 30-89 in the same bg queue was. But if it was to draw in new people to BGs you are failing. The guildies I had gotten into doing the low level ones hate it now. Two of them had 80 toons and even with that advantage they hate it. The vast majority that are in bgs right now are from Nagafen, they are locked in their 80s specifically for the easy bg token rush and as soon as they get their new pvp set, they will finally participate in open world pvp -- outside of warfields on Nagafen, the server is dead. So while they drive away everyone else from bgs across the game showing up pre-locked in raid gear to take advantage of regular players and the greatly unbalanced system, they, as usual, avoid open world pvp on their own server.
    This was all totally expected and I posted about it on Test. If you really want new people to participate in bgs, you really need to consider breaking it up to another queue for lower levels, massively reduce the dmg output of everyone, especially 80+ players or disable bgs on Nagafen (or all of the above).
  2. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

Ah well, I did my part on test and on here.
    But I have ot say it's funny listening to worldchat and the bits and pieces people share on here. The people that are locked in their 80s are enjoying bgs for the most part and they think anyone that isn't 80 shouldn't complain because they 'invested more time in their character'. I'm sure you realize 2-3hrs of PL'ing and heirlooming raidgear you can duo with a buddy isn't exactly hardwork and it misses the entire point the majority of people that have already quit bgs or quickly got turned off are making.
    Anyway, now that the last thing in this game I enjoyed is just like the rest of the end game (see OP), I'm cancelling now.
    I'll check back someday. Take care all. ;)