Low level Monk AE Aggro

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ivory, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Ivory Member

Is there a way to increase a low level Monks AE Aggro? Thinking about respec'ing down the Wisdom line to help with AE auto. But is there anything else that can help keep the entire pull focusing on you?

Here's my issue: I was level this Monk up with my son's Assassin but my son changed has mind and wants to play a Necro. Even with his hate transfer, I am having trouble holding AE threat anytime he casts any of his AE spells. With only one AE attack right now, I find myself having to tab taunt constantly. He has been very careful to always target my target but this is getting very frustrating. Even the Warden Merc has pulled aggro off me when we are trying to burn down more than 3-4 heroics at a time. At this point I'm thinking I might have to switch back to my Berserker to make this duo work.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I'm really starting to enjoy the Monk but I'm afraid this problem is just going to get worse until I level up enough to get more MA.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

Unfortunately both brawlers have horrible AE agro at low levels.Your best bet is to respec your AAs for the WIS line Crane Sweep and Crane twirl+ Crane Flock. This will give you and extra blue AoE and AE proc damage + AE auto attack temp.

Sorry I said MA. I meant more AE auto. I'll try respec'ing and see if that help tonight. Thanks.
  4. Netty Member

Ho low lvl are we talking about here? I think the best bet on a aoe tank at the lower lvls is either SK or pally. Berserk on low lvl get 2 aoes. But i think crusaders gets alot more. At higher lvls tho monks can do fine on aoe hate. So i guess its just a matter of holding out a few lvls. If you enjoy the monk stay on it as it will get better. And do as obano said and spec the wis line first.
  5. Boli Active Member

Actually Pallys gain most of their powerful abilities through AA / Prestige without either (e.g. earlier in the game) you'll find they are extremely power intensive and do the least damage out of all the tanks.

You gain 2 AoEs early,
    a 3rd at 35
    a 4th at 55
    a 5th at 65

Only problem is you'll be out of power most of the time. Agro transfers help with agro but there is no substitute for pure DPS.
  6. Ivory Member

I repec'ed down the Wisdom line and that seemed to help. Thanks. He can still pull AE aggro from me but its much easier to get it back now. Since I'm relearning how all the new mechanics work, does MA stack with AE Auto? Meaning if I have 100% AE auto and 100% MA will you MA on the AE Autos?
  7. Controlor Member

No AOE auto, MA, and Flurry are all separate hits. Flurry and MA can only increase the number of hits you have against the mob you are targeting. AOE auto just allows you to hit 3 other targets you are facing. So no 6 hit AOE auto's.