Lost Extra Character Slot?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ariasco, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Ariasco New Member

I logged in one day and noticed that my character selection screen was showing that I couldn't use two of my toons because I had "exceeded the number of characters" but I had purchased these additional character slots. I put in a ticket for it and all I was told was "Sign up for an all access account today!".......Anybody know anything about this?
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

Before the all-access change if you'd purchased character slots they were supposed to be there regardless of membership level. But I'm digging around in the Knowledge Base and can't find anything one way or another, just that All-Access get 7 slots. Maybe you can escalate it and try and get a more involved answer?
  3. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Did you drop from All Access to grandfathered silver? You would lose three slots if you did and if you had only bought one, two characters would become inaccessible.
  4. Magic Missiles Active Member

If you log out a character in the battlegrounds hub sometimes that will count as two characters- 0ne in your regular home world and another on BG server.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Your character slots should always equal the default # of slots for your account type + any purchased slots.
    All-access is 7 + bought
    Silver is 4 + bought
    Free is 2 + bought

If you had been all access and dropped down you would lose access to some characters unless you had bought more slots than you had characters in.

That being said, a couple of weeks ago there was some serious bugginess with the accounts and many people (myself included) got bumped down to free from all-access temporarily. It was all resolved as far as I know but if you are supposed to be all access, it could have returned I suppose.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plus, every once in awhile, something "hiccups" and only shows the last 4 characters you played on a server, and those might be locked out and unavailable. Considering how many I have on each server, especially Gold, it's really alarming when it happens, and the Official Page of Server Goodness assures you that the server itself is up and running fine. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders if it might not've been related to the "serious bugginess" we all went through earlier; that depended on when your account officially started, day of the month-wise, and where it was in relation to the "2 extra free days!1!!11!!!! :D" we got credited recently... X-P
    Finora likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

The '4 character' thing has happened for a long time when the servers are down or otherwise experiencing difficulties. I always figured it had something to do with the fact we only had 4 character slots available when the game was released & for some reason if the server is down it reverts to that. I don't remember it happening prior to them giving us the 3 extra slots.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FOUR?! Holy sin frijoles...four?! :eek::confused:o_O

Uwk
    really, really glad he came to be in 2006... :-/
  9. Noctew Active Member

Four. And no buyable unlocks of more slots, so the only ways to get more was to pay for a second account or All Access (or "Station Pass" as it was called then IIRC) which gave you 10 slots I think. And back then it wasn't $14.99/Month but $24.99, later after Vanguard was added even $29.99...
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Twelve slots; I remember that much, since the buddies that tried to get me into EQ1 (which didn't work for long) and did get me here (which has worked since 2006 ;->) had been playing since EQ1 beta, I think, and liked enough SOE games (Star Wars Galaxies was a big hit with them, especially) that they got Station for $24.99, which gave 12 slots across the board, and any number of games. I only really liked EQ2 but was debating about checking out at least one other game until the price rose as high as it did. Shortly after that, though, they started offering character slots for sale, and I've never looked back...it started with just me wanting ALL NINE tradeskill specialties on Crushbone (was that so wrong?) and Test (where you'd get 7 more slots free [they didn't count against your seven; still don't]), and later Splitpaw (ditto, since I'm US-based) without having to shell out way more money per month for other stuff I might not care that much about (especially after being on a limited income)...then it sort of--escalated... X-)

Uwk
    who appreciates the melded servers of the past, but could do without them in the future :-/