[Lore] [Mechanics] Norrath Astronomy

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eles, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Eles Well-Known Member

Dear Devs,

Everquest 2 was really crafted with every detail and I remember that you can see the stars moving at night and someone post aeons ago about astronomy in Everquest 2.

There is also some quests that talks about astronomy, etc. But this was amazing that you can see an eclipse ingame.

But its been a while, can you Devs can push the celestial stuff to see more often the eclipses? here is the screenshot.

[IMG]
    Levatino and Rhodris like this.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Very, very cool. Would be nice to have eclipse posted on in game calendar. It would have to appear within a range of dates as the Norrath calendar is so fluid )
  3. Arev New Member

I'm sure the druids would appreciate that.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The calendar isn't actually that fluid. If you want to know the Norrathian dates and month, there's a clock UI replacement for that:

[IMG]
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

Very, very cool!
  6. Eles Well-Known Member

well I still want to see more often this kind of astronomic events :p

Someone leveled his own guild to lvl 60 to have the Maj'dulian Orrey and celestial starry night in their guildhall.

[IMG]

I found the old Norrathian Astronomy Post from the archives
    Norrathian Astronomy EQ2 | Comments with Vhalen Developer

The Ro System

THE SUN

Ro: A yellow star in the Diamond Shoal Nebula

THE PLANETS AND THEIR SATELLITES

Trorsmang: A molten body with a molten core, water vapor, a sulfurous atmosphere, and desolate climate.

Moons: None known
    Norrath: A solid body with a molten core, liquid water, breathable atmosphere, and various climates:

Moons: Two
    1. Luclin: A solid body with a molten core, liquid water, breathable atmosphere and a tropical climate.

2. Drinal: A solid body with a solid core, frozen water, minimal atmosphere and a desolate climate.

Anbeal: A solid body with a solid core, no water, no atmosphere and a desolate climate.

Moons: None known
    Cordan: A gaseous body with a solid core, no water, poisonous atmosphere and a desolate climate.

Moons: Three rings of ice particles and space debris.

-Vhalen

Hopefully we will know the fate of Luclin, after the events of the x2 Rohen Theer and the AoM people from the moon.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm down to work on Norrathian Astrology.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Umm...silly facts: Norrath Date and Time is different on each server. The day/night cycle in some zones aren't sync'ed. I think its the shattered lands zones that are that way. It is possible for it to be day for one player, but night for others. The day and night cycle is sync'ed for players in the EoF zones since at least one quest calls for people to do things based on the night cycle, and in New Tunaria vampires spawn at night.

As such, trying to mark these events on calendars doesn't seem like it would be predictable if its based on the client rather than the server. Also an eclipse probably happens frequently but most people wouldn't notice. Kind of like most people don't realize that Norrath has 2 moons.