Lore and Legend: Efreet

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Thand, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

I just spent 4 hours in Temple of Sol trying to farm the lore pieces for this quest, The auto update pieces Spirit , Swirling Smoke, and wish fragment drop pretty quickly. But in four hours only 1 dropped part the Oily essence dropped at all. I check the Market broker and of course Oily essence that is the Only part listed. Are the drops for this quest bugged? I am only worried about it because it the last Lore and Legend quest Left for me to do )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Mohee Active Member

Efreeti L&L Pieces have always been pretty rare drops.
    I usually skip this one because I'm almost certain the efreeti's in Sol Eye is the only place you will find those type of mobs :p

But yep... keep killing, they are just super rare :)
  3. Peeler New Member

I've had the best results in solusek's eye in the tunnels with the efreets obviously. Usually get all the pieces in a few clears and repops.
  4. Tetrol Well-Known Member

I hate deleting quests, and as one of the quests alone calls for 30 efreeti soulslavers, which means clearing them over and over along with a heap of servants of thyr - I seem to get all I want for each character through sol eye
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I've only ever done this one on two chars because of how annoyingly difficult it is to get the drops. Just keep chugging at it and make sure you're hitting up every efreeti in the zone.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you have the DPS for it, Bastion can be decent hunting also. But the drop rate on these is indeed pathetic. The only thing worse are naga bits.
  7. Darkholis Active Member

I did them all (L&L) and Efreeti is by far the worst. Naga is fairly easy if you go hunt in Shimmering Citadel and undead nagas do drop L&L items too.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The efreet respawn is abysmal. Let alone the poor drop rate... I hate doing this L&L but still get through it for all toons so far lol

If the respawn was tweaked just a little bit (no huge hammers allowed please :confused:) would make the farming of the items a bit better than oodles of down time.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Remember to /feedback your opinions on the drop rates for this stuff. No other way to bring it to a dev's attention. Get all your friends to help /feedback.
  10. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

not only that is big problem of getting the drops, it not that hard since they are non-heroic mobs by the elevator shaft and down to the tunnels.
    if you doing in effreeti room that is all heroics by the Bastion, there only 5 or 6 in there, I feel it is wrong spot to farm, go to where the miner's shaft, there about 20-30 effreeti if you see them along the tunnel, it got few cluster mobs linked, easy to kill, and run back to big room for fresh spawns, it's pretty decent semi fast spawn rate and some drops wont take long.

clear out some cluster mobs and you get semi-trigger spawned ringleaders that drop lores more often than solo ones.

you could easy make several plats if you pulled extra lores because many folks hate them or given up, you sell them at reasonable price and don't be too greedy to overpricing.
  11. Kenn Well-Known Member

It would be nice to find other spots than sol eye.
  12. Daryx Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread but I find that there are efreeti in Doomfire (Elementals Plane of Fire). However, you have to be high enough level for them, but I've gotten updates many times there.
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Solusek's tower in PoP, Planes of Fire and Air in CD
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if you're anything like me, you might have one big, level-cap (at least a couple expacs ago) toon on each server, who could get the updates not only for themselves, but also for lesser toons you might have on that server. This is what the LnL Depots were made for! :D

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.