Lord Colby Jack's 300p Singles Contest (Freeport)

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-Amekoi, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

[IMG]Lord Colby Jack's Singles Contest
    It's that time again! Lord Colby Jack has decided to open up his fourth plat contest, this time with a bit of an unusual theme. While in the past he has had screenshot contests for the most part, and while this contest does involve a screenshot, the theme is markedly different.
    Lord Colby Jack is newly single! As such, he is on the prowl for potential mates to roam Norrath with. However, he does have some things he is looking for. Could you be the next Mr/Mrs Colby Jack? Read on and find out!

WHAT
    Lord Colby Jack is looking for available bachelors and bachelorettes on the FREEPORT server! He is not discriminating against gender, so all may feel welcomed to enter. He is looking for a screenshot that represents your 'single' character, so put on your Norrathean best and pose! Once that is done, he's going to need some information to put with that image. He has helpfully written up a template that you can copy, fill out, and post with your screenshot!

1. Character name
    2. Gender and race
    3. What do you do in Norrath for a job, for hobbies, for giggles?
    4. Are you able to supply Colby with the cheese he desires?
    5. What do you think of the colour pink?
    6. Anything additional comments?

Once all entries are in, and the contest closes, Lord Colby Jack will go through the entries and pick out his choice of bachelor and bachelorette to name as the best potential mate.
    Keep in mind that Colby likes: the colour pink, cheese, exciting adventures, nice clothing, and houses. You can earn bonus points in this contest by adding an additional screenshot that shows you have a nice home that Colby would like to reside in.

RULES

1. This is only open to members of the Freeport server; sorry potential matches on other servers.
    2. This is for play and fun only. While the real Colby is indeed single, the player behind the rat is not looking for mates through a contest.
    3. If you are bronze or silver, you cannot hold 300p. In case of winning, you will be contacted to discuss appropriate means of getting the equivalent of a 300p prize to you.
    4. All winning entries will be judged and selected by Colby, and are not open to debate.
    5. Again, HAVE FUN! This contest is designed to be light-hearted and funny, and Colby would like to keep it that way.

CONTEST CRITERIA
    Colby is looking for a fun and humerous entry which contains a nice screenshot of your character (cropped for size is fine) and a text entry accompanying which answers his 6 questions. Try to have fun, keep it funny, and keep it in the realm of Norrath. Colby will be confused if you mention that your hobby is fixing old cars or kayaking or something.
    All entries will be judged on
    1. screenshot (is it there, and can we clearly see a character represented?)
    2. humor of the text entry
    3. if the text entry would appeal to a cute, pink, male ratonga
    4. if you included a house for bonus points

WHEN
    This contest will begin Dec. 23rd and run through the holidays, until Jan. 10th. Colby would like to pick someone for the new year, so please make sure all your entries are in by then. Post all entries into this thread; entries mailed or posted elsewhere will not be accepted. Also, make sure your screenshots show up properly when viewed.

PRIZES

First place -- 300p (coin for gold+ members, pm Colby to discuss if you're bronze or silver)
    Second place -- 100p (see above)
    Third place -- 50p (see above)
    Pity prize -- 5p (see above)
  2. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

SCREENSHOT TIPS

Print Screen is a button on your keyboard; you press it (default) to take a screenshot.

Set your game quality up to include those pretty particle effects, flora, and other fun stuff. Since you only need it set for a quick screenshot, it's okay if the actual gameplay is a little laggy.

You have set up your game quality, but don't forget the screenshot quality! SoE defaults the screenshots to a mediocre jpg quality, but you can change this. When logged into the game, go to options --> user interface --> screenshot. There is a slider to change your screenshot quality, and if you want it to save as a jpg or not. I find the jpg is usually fine, as long as your slider is maxxed for quality.

Hit F10 twice in game to hide your UI settings. This will allow for a more pleasant screenshot without distracting hotbars and quest journals in the way. Once you have taken your screenshot, you can hit F10 one more time to bring back all your UI.

Take multiple screenshots! Especially if you're doing an action shot, momentarily spamming the print screen key will give you a variety of closely-spaced shots to pick from.
  3. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

-- sings about being lonely --
  4. ARCHIVED-VixiVZ Guest

This character resides on the Freeport server. Unfortunately, I found no option to change my persona to Freeport. Maybe they will add it in later since we are all merged. Jexie's letter to Colby is below.
    [IMG]

Dearest Colby,

I had found it on good authority that your noble Sir has found himself to be un-betrothed so to speak. As I see it we are in a similar circumstance as I too, have lost my dear love and found myself yet again in the lonely way. My name is Jexie, of the feminine persuasion. I am but a humble tailor by night, as the sunlight seems to leave my skin a tad unsightly. (I burn terribly. It must be a horrible affliction of sorts, yes?) I do dabble in other hobbies such as taking night classes when all the other Qeynosians are asleep. In my mortuary studies class, one unsavorably dwarven fellow had even fallen straight away to a dead sleep when he gazed upon me. I seem to have that allure. Freeblood charm, you know. My other hobbies are reading dusty tomes & having guests over for dinner. I am very very lonely, and the guests never seem to stay around long. I often ask myself "how can this be? Am I destined to never find a love so great again?"...alas..they always seem to die on me. I am never too sure why. I have very bad luck. Every time I think it will last forever, they end up with some blood disorder and die within the hour. Will it ever last I say? Will I ever find true love? Colby, you are welcome to visit my plush rose-colored boudoir for some chablis chilled on ice & some late night cheddar. I hold the key to your heart, you see, and the cheese is plentiful. Drop in for a bite. I hope you stay longer than my last beloved.

Truly yours,
    Jexie
  5. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

I'mma be disappointed if I only get one entry, but in which case I'll have a clear 300p winner.
    Don't be shy to enter! At this point, if you enter, you're guaranteed to win something.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

we have until the 10th, right? or did you mean until the 1st?
  7. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

I originally put the 1st, but figured it would be a huge cram with the holidays, so I extended it to the 10th.
  8. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

[IMG]
    Ratatooe has apparently been looking for love in all the wrong places. He considers himself to be quite a catch and a dapper dresser but alas, he has not been able to entrap find someone to share his love of fine cheese and chocolate.
    Rat spends his spare time decorating his bachelor abode when he is not designing fine jewelry for the 1%. He surrounds himself with pink items he has picked up on his travels around Norath but prefers to wear red, which contrasts nicely with his home decor.
  9. ARCHIVED-Golddigger Guest

[IMG]
    Beastwithin Mypants is a playful male Kerra who resides in Kelethin. I am a sucessful Dungeon Maker best known for my contributions to "The Whitehouse" in Mistmoore Manors. Like all good Kerra, I enjoy cheese regularly and even eat an occasional mouse (and boy do they like it)

I have been known to make a variety of cheeses including sharp cheddar, blue cheese, French bri, and many others. I am sure that in my relations with Colby I could keep your cheese well supplied.

My additional hobbies are tree climbing, lava swim competitions, and an occasional splunking trip to exotic dungeons. I also make world travel a regular part of my daily excitement.

What can I say about pink? I have a friend addicted to pink and I like it!

Are you mouse enough to tame this beast? come join me day or night and see what fun I can offer!
  10. ARCHIVED-Eliohia Guest

[IMG]
    Dearest Colby,
    My name is Eliohia (everyone calls me Eli for short). I am a female, human and I understand you are looking for someone to spend time with and maybe find love with? I also am looking for someone to take care of and love.
    I work hard at Decorating as I am a carpenter and enjoy fixing things up to look nice. (also it pays quite well). I guess that would be both a job and a hobby hehe. I like helping people so I usually join Fille on her many pay it forward events for fun.
    As you can see I like to eat cheese in my green house (yes its a huge felwithe Mansion) but it would be nice to have someone to share it with.
    As for the color pink all I can say is I am still looking for a shield and weapon to match the cute dress i am wearing!! Pink is my Favorite color (black would be my second)
    Please feel free to write me back if you would like any more information about me and I hope to see you soon!!
    Sincerly Eli
  11. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

Colby, you have outdone yourself this time! But surely even you realise chartruese is far nicer than pink?
  12. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

Elomort wrote:
    Pleh; I own about 6 shades of pink nailpolish and only one of chartruese. I think that speaks for itself.
  13. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

Maybe it's just me, but my first contest had amazing turn-out. My second had good turn-out. My third was a struggle, and this one seems that really no one is interested. If people don't want to participate in contests, then I really don't see much of a reason to continue to hold them.
    So I'll let this one run out, to the 10th, and everyone who has participated thus far will be rewarded with a prize. I appreciate having some contestants.
  14. ARCHIVED-RippedMonk Guest

Might I be the one that you seek?
    [IMG]
    I stand here on my balcony in the Aerie Kolmas pondering this question.
    Allow me to introduce myself; I am Aldaril Hallion. I am a Shaman male High Elf with a penchat for cooking up the most delectable cheese creations that you will ever have the pleasure of tasting. When I'm not standing at the stove whipping up some succulent morsels, I often find myself wandaring the lands of Norrath looking for forgotten relics, alone...
    During one of these journeys I came across the most beautiful Mantrap petal that was the most exquisite color of pink. As I stopped and gathered it up, I wondered to myself if anyone else in all of Norrath could see the same beauty in such a enchanting color. Maybe you are the one whose name had not crossed my lips? Just maybe?
  15. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

-- Contest is CLOSED --

I'm going to be sending out some messages, but I wanted to also post this here.
    Since I had so few entries, I have a proposition open to all of you. I can go ahead and place you guys, and give out prizes appropriately, OR I can call it a draw and give out 100p to each entrant who posted here. I leave the decision up to you guys, but I would suggest going the 100p guaranteed prize if I were an entrant. Either way, please post in the thread which option you would like, as well as the username you want the money sent to via in-game mail and if you are silver/bronze. If you are silver or bronze, we can discuss options of payment.
    This decision will be a majority rules, so please speak up and let me know.
  16. ARCHIVED-RippedMonk Guest

I'm fine with a split between everyone. I had fun getting the screenshot and doing the write up for Aldaril.
  17. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I am fine with the even split. Please send mine to Lateana :) And thanks for running this contest.
  18. ARCHIVED-Eliohia Guest

i guess i will go with the others and say i am fine with the split works for me hehe. Send mine to Eliohia I enjoyed the contest and hope you will have more dont let this low turn out stop ya!!!
  19. ARCHIVED-VixiVZ Guest

It doesn't matter to me either way. Send it to Jexi. However I am curious who you would have picked for all the winners. I joined the contest in the spirit of fun. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Eliohia Guest

Jexi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    me too!!! lol