Loot website

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Luzionist, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Luzionist Active Member

Does anyone know of or anyone working on a website like Xanadu used to be, I personally loved that website which broke down what each raid mob dropped. I do no know if there is anyone out there that could do this or would be interested but I for one would be very excited to see this. Look at what EQ2U, Dragons Armory, EQ2 Raids and the like have done, so with these new feeds i am sure that it could be done
  2. beagley Well-Known Member

Is http://www.lootdb.com/ still working? The news section appears to have last been updated in 2012 but the database itself could be more recent.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

We were supposed to have Loot Table data by now, but August 28th happened. At this point, I'm half-considering writing an app like the EQ2LL app that analyses logs.
  4. SteelPiston Active Member

Do it Feldon. We'll support you. I'd have given up EQ2 a long time ago without all the tools that you provide to enjoy the game. SOE should be paying you for keeping EQ2 alive through your excellent websites.
    knightowl likes this.
  5. Caela Well-Known Member

What is the significance of August 28th?
  6. SynnikuL Active Member

August 28th
  7. tbankert New Member

My assumption is that Aug 28th is when SOE said they would release api access to loot tables which never happened.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

August 28 event gets threads shut down if you mention the event.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's a little more complicated than that. We'd been working closely to get more data like Quests, Recipes, Collections, and Treasure/Loot Tables out there for all fan sites (including EQ2U) who wish to use it. There had been some very promising data exports in the days leading up to that, and it was believed on both sides that most of this data would be available by the end of that week. So yeah, the timing couldn't have been worse (not that there's ever a good time), but it's certainly not anyone's fault on the EQ2 side.

And just to reiterate a point that comes up often, the EQ2 data feeds (Census) are available to EVERYONE for FREE. You do not need to sign any document or get any approval to use it. You can just start using the data immediately.

EQ2U and Dragon's Armory do not have any kind of monopoly on this data. We do tend to advise on the fields and format of the data, as we very familiar with it and so we suggest practices such that the widest possible audience can use the data. Indeed there are already 2 other sites that are working on EQ2 Loot browsers including Soresha's NPC Search.

There are still some discussions going on, and if I get a better timeframe, I'll post about it.
  10. Caela Well-Known Member

Doesn't appear the ToV instance mobs are in the NPC Search - is that data not in the feeds?
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

95% of EQ2 mobs are not in the feeds. The data that's there is a few test exports from Plane of War and Desert of Flames zones. What we were waiting for was an automated exporter that would do all the zones, camps, mobs, and treasureclasses every week.
  12. Luzionist Active Member

Well it looks like some people would be interested in this so I hope that we can see this soon