loot oddities in Nektropos: The Return

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Neskonlith, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

I finished a mentored Nek 2 run, and the loot seemed a bit odd as the named were not dropping Legendary or Fabled, just regular and small-box Treasured, and a few of the items inside the small boxes were buggy:

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Known issue since the loot revamp...I've /bug'd and /feedback'd a whole host of broken Nek2 items, and early last year I suggested that they up the droprate on fabled chests from the names (It's set at something like 1%, on a zone with an 18 hour re-use)...the wall of silence was deafening.

Actually, just checked again. Each named in the zone has exactly 1 Fabled drop, and no legendary. And the fabled drop rate is.... 0.600%

Broken loot, and poor rewards.
  3. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Best reward I got out of there was a server discovery on the fabled hammer that has +metalshaping on it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Way back in the day getting a metal box was special. -_-
    Nothing like killing a raid mob such as the Angler or Meeting of the Minds and getting wood. Most of the bosses in Spirits of the Lost dropping wood.
    Yeah.
  5. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

People might use these zones more if they were given a little TLC and made worthwhile to do.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

I'm still running the zone on one of my alts now and again, and it still seems wonky to me as the zone lockout timer doesn't seem to trigger reliably when I kill the named (who isn't always up), and the bugged loot still pops up now and then.
    Just trying for the Fabled tradeskill hammer merely for bragging rights more than anything!
  7. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Also, the droprates and loot tables could still use a re-work.

A named will always drop a chest, but according to the loot probabilities, it would seem to be a 99.4% chance of being a Treasured chest, 0.00% chance of legendary, and 0.6% chance of being fabled. Again, that's a hideously low chance of something nice dropping on a zone with an 18 hour hard lockout.
  8. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Unfortunately the only thing you will get is a once over with the loot randomiser program so you'll get a whole bunch of randomly generated fabled items which are barely better than legendary and can drop from any mob. No special items.
    ie whats happened with every "revamped" zone so far. Not a single piece of loot thats even remotely interesting. Sad really :(
  9. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Well, the Fabled drops did in fact see loot-scripted upgrades, but their drop rate is still horri-bad. An adjustment is needed, either to around 5% exquisite chance with a reduction in replay time to 2-4 hours, or a boost to like 25% exquisite chance if you're going to keep it at 18 hours.

Give the players a reasonable chance to earn the gear.
  10. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Could a red name give a look at this when they can get a break from working on PoWar and DoV2 itemizations? Thanks.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

All three of the Nektropos zones have the bugged items. I've been reporting them since December. I'm guessing they'll never get fixed, but feel free to add your list to this thread. :)