Looking to play

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Waxington42099, May 13, 2022.

1. Waxington42099 New Member

Im looking to get into EQ 2 and i know nothing about the game i never played the original, I have played several other MMOs though. Im just wondering how difficult it is for a new player and where the best place to do is for information on the game
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome :) It depends on your playstyle as to how hard it is. If you are a casual player it isn't hard at all. If you want to get into raiding you will have a lot of work to do. There are many guides here on the forums that people have made about different classes you can just search for the class you want. Also wiki is very helpful with quest. I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do. If you have questions you can ask here on the forums or in general chat. You can try to find a guild, guilds can be very helpful especially if you're new.
    Sturmlocke, Siren and Hartsmith like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yes, first and foremost, find a guild to help you. It's very useful when you're new or returning.
    Sturmlocke and Siren like this.
  4. Vallan New Member

5. Fayte New Member

If you do download the game and make a character you can look up Legends of Faydark, we've been helping a large number of returning and new players recently.

Maj'Dul
    Sturmlocke and Hartsmith like this.
  6. Wiegraf Member

The wiki for sure, https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page

For most MMO's the wiki is pretty generic surface level info and 3rd party sites are preferred, I've found in EQ2 the wiki has the most up to date info.
    Sturmlocke and Twyla like this.