Looking to Paladin.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Alemorikec, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Alemorikec New Member

No, I wont betray to SK despite how tempted I am already.

I have a lvl 63 Paladin, mostly solo'd, but am looking to get more into heavier grouping and looking for a few veteran Paladin's to give me some advice.

Currently running with 67 AA's specced 2-10-10-1 Str.
    5 in Pray of Healing, Holy Aid, Holy Circle, Ancient Wrath, Doom Judgement, Consecrate, & Sigil of Heroism.

Finally rounded ou with Cure Spells & Block Mastery.

Should I have focused so much on AoE's?

Should I go 2-10-10-1 in agility for the AE attack ans plop 1 down in Hammer Ground?

I get that big rooms body pull, or basically body pull it all, when smacked toss a taunt. Is that just it?
  2. Porrum Member

Put 10 points into Ancient Advance (Dragon tab, Draconic Aggressor tree, 2nd one down). This adds damage to your taunts (Clarion and Righteousness) and makes them your best damage abilities for a while. Cast them every time they're up, even if there's only one enemy.

In the Paladin tree, just spend 21 there for now, avoid the healing AAs and look for things that add damage: Holy Circle, Divine Inspiration, Ancient Wrath, and either Doom Judgement or Castigate. Then take Smite Evil - It's a nice blue AE, and you shouldn't need the block chance or cures just yet. (The cures are really nice, if your healer isn't paying much attention)

In the Crusader tab, Str is a good tree, and Agi is a nice secondary tree to work towards: 10 in Joust and Trample, and 2 in Higher Ground. Lance is a cone-AE, but it's really good anyway. If you want to put a single point in Hammer Ground (and/or Legionaire's Smite) so you have more buttons to push, feel free.

Going forward, it's up to you and what you feel you need to do better: Survive, kill, utility. Crusader>Stamina gives you some survivability, and Crusader's Faith is a good option when your group ends up over their heads. Paladin tab isn't great, but the block and cure are (eventually) worthwhile. After you've spent 110 points, the Shadow tree is worth a look, hit points, sneering is a good snap/taunt, and Aura is a great self cure/CC break.

All of this advice will completely change once you hit 100. Don't be afraid to experiment and just use what works for you.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah, in a few years :p
    Porrum likes this.
  4. Porrum Member

Argh I didn't notice this was in TLE instead of new player section. Thanks, Tharrakor.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Good long post tho hehe :D
  6. Alemorikec New Member

Heheh, even so, I think there is good info to be gleaned from the post too.

Thank you.