Looking for a Good Mercenary

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by TinyRatongaofDoom, May 20, 2020.

1. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

Sooo, I've been trying to find a merc that's pretty useful for what I need when I hit level 110 and since I used up most of my spare money on buying a new laptop, I hope there's a good one that doesn't require DBC. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. :u
  2. Adept Active Member

When you say level 110 is that because you don't have BOL? Because the BOL mercenaries provide better battalion buff and common from overseers or from Broker .. there is even a celestial healer that seems relatively common (though since he has master instead of grandmaster abilities I question that he is celestial other than for using with Overseers).

You did not say what class you are or what type of merc you want but through process of elimination

Tank mercs at 110 are garbage.
    I have Calyptor, the Aviak Celestial Guardian mercenary with grandmaster abilities, fully developed with best gear I could give him. He is great at getting aggro, not so good at surviving it. Assessment - useless garbage

DPS Mercs at 110 - close to useless
    No merc demonstrates a fraction of dps a character has
    Proviso - Tracking mercs can have use for .. well .. tracking

Healer Mercs at 110
    Healer merc is the way to go (even if you need a tank, they can heal themselves to actually survive)
    Pre: BOL Evania seems ok but my experience is most any developed healer merc is adequate for solo/overland when developed

Do you have any mercs in your /claim
    Breanna likes this.
  3. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

I have BoL, I just mean that I heard a lot of pre- Myrist mercs are useless.
    Also, for /Claim, I got Skando and Liae/Valkiss.