Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ah, Dürer's Wolpentinger!
    Cyrrena, Prox and Pijotre like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Both sets of legends arose independently, because of a real-life thing. Rabbits can get a disease, Shope papilloma virus, that actually causes them to grow horn-like protrusions:
    [IMG]
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

27, I may have misjudged by 1 year haha.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, ttobey and 2 others like this.
  4. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Firstly thank you Sig, that is actually quite insightful I didn't know that and that is a good picture to illustrate this disease.

And yes something can develop independently within the same timeframe without knowledge of the other culture/discovery/tradition, which is likely for the Bavarian and Persian folklores.
    However between the Wolpertinger folklore and the American one are 400+ years including the inventions of media duplication (aka print), telegraphy and even the telephone.
    I find it therefore far more likely that this was imported like everything else with all the Europeans (including lots of Germans) that are now referred to as Americans (disregarding the minority of real Americans that most of you call natives or indians). Then its given a more english sounding name and voilà new folklore.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Room 222!
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Quoting a TV series that ran from 1969-1974 is really not helping you get off your I'm-a-really-old-man-now-get-off-my-lawn image. :p
    Btw. for those interested, because I at least wasn't even aware of its existance, as there never was a german release:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_222
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Geh Weg! Get off my lawn!
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

222 days to go, I can't wait.

[IMG]
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Feara and 1 other person like this.
  9. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Und was willst du tun wenn ich bleibe? :p
    (if you post in german you either can read it or use google translate :p)
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The way I heard it is that the correct response to Wie gehts is, "The gates are fine but de fence is down." :p
    (My ex-husband was an assistant pastor in a German church in Lodi, CA in the 1970s.)
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Uhhmm I used to watch that show. We also had Emergency, Adam 12, and the Mod Squad around the same time frame. That was the first time I lived in the US. Was gone before Baretta came on the air but caught that on reruns.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yep I remember all of them OMG and a bunch more the list could go on and on. Barretta was awesome well the bird at least it used to answer the phone for him it was hilarious.
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*bounces into the room, unzips the tent, and refills all of the tables with hot coffee, tea, and other assorted beverages, brownies, muffins, assorted cookies both crispy and soft baked, cupcakes, coffee cakes, croissants, scones, biscuits, butter, jam, marmalade, honey, and all sorts of other baked treats, toppings, and goodies. Exits the tent, turns and rezips the tent closed*

Are you awake and at work Ttobey??? I am awake!!! I waited 2 hours before asking. If I am here, you should be as well!!!! That BROOM MOUNT isn't going to make itself!!

*slogs over to the GNOMISH FOAM-O-MATIC 9000 and sets it to Overclocked then turns to the GNOMISH BUBBLE BLOWER 10x4600b and resets it for tremendously huge bubbles at maximum output. Refills both machines with the GNOMISH FOAM FILM and GNOMISH BUBBLE BLECH.

*watches giddily as the thread fills up to the top again with BUBBLES AND FOAM*
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Pijotre like this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Not awake. 221
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, all the goodies you have for us you must have spent days in the kitchen making all the stuff, and you didn't even have a broom mount to help you get around how sad.:)

Either that or you are setting up for another meeting should I grab everyone else?
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Pijotre like this.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

220!
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Prox like this.
  17. Prox Well-Known Member

Peers in looking for the snack table. What no Cabot cheddar :mad: .....I am going to kill some stuff.
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Pijotre Well-Known Member

At least you could drive there, my "drive" would get very wet to reach the american continent.
    Prox, Kittybock, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.