LoN Drops

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SentinelBasch, Aug 12, 2013.

1. SentinelBasch Active Member

Do booster packs, cards, or any other Legends of Norrath items still drop in EQ2? I've read that they are in the global loot table, but I've killed over 110,000 mobs on my main and have never seen any LoN-related items. Is there a list anywhere of which mobs drop them directly? I know about the clockword spiders, are there any others? Thanks.
  2. Deago Well-Known Member

Last I actually loot one was in Kunark days.
  3. SentinelBasch Active Member

Yeah, I'm guessing it's gone now. That's really a shame. The next LoN xpac is coming out tomorrow, I think it might have been nice for them to have added them back in as drops, even if it was only for a short time for promotional reasons.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They're constantly promoting with free packs. As a recurring subscriber, you get 5 free packs / month.
  5. SentinelBasch Active Member

The (5) free packs/month is very nice, don't get me wrong. But SoE used to do so much more with this game than they do now. It's a shame how much it's declined. I hope they at least link it with EQNext.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Does anyone do anything with the packs other than open them and hope for loot cards?
  7. SentinelBasch Active Member

Well, Sony did implement a leveling system within Legends of Norrath a few months ago. With every level you gain you get +0.5% chance of getting a loot card when you open a booster pack. Since your base chance at Lv. 1 is only 0.5%, each level-up gives a notable increase.

You can get to Lv. 10 or so without too much effort. Beyond that you might have to spend a little bit of money to get some more cards, particularly a generic avatar if you didn't start with one. By that point, you'll have a good idea as to whether or not you want to spend more money on it to get your level higher.
  8. Estal Well-Known Member

I've seen at least one dropped Debt of the Ratonga booster pack advertised for sale in game, so apparently, yes, they do still drop.
  9. Zythus Active Member

they seem incredibly rare to find, but i have had a drop in the last 6 months from what i can remember, it was in darklight wood of all places lol. i don't think i'l be spending my time farming them lol, that would be a kind of lost cause hehe
  10. Vagrant Storm Active Member

Yeah I was asking in game about this the other day. I used to get boosters and starter packs and such. I like LoN...not a fan of actual CTG games, but in a virtual game with virtual cards that I don't have to lug around and keep safe from damage I rather enjoy it.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I used to play some, but I got too caught up in EQ2. :p
    Alenna likes this.
  12. Vagrant Storm Active Member

I have a lot of down time at work...or well, not really down time, but wait time as a script is running or a server is restarting (run a 2 hour long script to find something isn't working in the last line happens all too often...and you can't just run it from that line because everything is dependent on the output above)

So...LoN will pass the time for me sometimes. :) No different than some of the other little flash games that some people play when they have down time. lately I've been reading books though.

Has there ever been talk of a phone app for it? I am sure quite a few people would even pay for it...heh, well I would at least and it might spur more interest in EQ2 and EQNext as well. The CTG nuts would play it I am sure even if they never logged on to EQ2.
    Deveryn likes this.
  13. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey folks,

Drakkinshard (Set 16) is now live. As others have said, while there are no longer world LON drops, you can get your 5 free packs per month if you're a recurring Gold member. Also, as of today, everyone is being granted a new Starter Deck that follows the Standard format, even if you're an existing player/have already claimed a starter deck.

Plus, with the new Loremaster system, the more you level up, the more likely you are to get loot (and special loot at that!). So, if you're the type who is opening packs just for loot, you might find playing through a few scenarios to be quite worthwhile. Speaking of Loremaster, there is a special achievement available TODAY ONLY - the Drakkinshard Release Day achievement. You need to log into LON on release day (August 13) to get this. But hurry! You only have until 12:00am (Midnight) PDT.

~Dexella
  14. Vagrant Storm Active Member

Hmm...I was logged on LoN yesterday and I didn't receive any achievement aside from opening a starter deck which I know I have done before.
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

You got it on login, it was extremely easy to miss. It should be in the achievement list in your profile though.
  16. Vagrant Storm Active Member

That was the first place I looked for it...

...though I was going to grab a screen shot to show and well...heh, it is there now. Maybe I was cross eyed last night, but I opened and closed the application a bunch of times and kept checking the history tab and I swear it wasn't there. I even played the first two scenarios. LOL Oh well...it is there now.