LOL LOVE IT!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tallithia, Aug 29, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

Last night I was doing the Othmir quest. As I was going along the Othmir messenger who I see running around often ran up to me using my name and telling me Nipik was needing me to see him ASAP!

OMG...this was such a thrill for me! I was ready to log for the night and this small interaction fired me up all over. Ran the quest and a series of quests that seemed to be triggered from it.
    WAY TO GO!! I love the 'personal' touch of the messenger using my name and that the NPC was seeking me out with a message. Who ever thought of this and those involved....KUDOS! Smokejumper...buy em some krispycremes already!
  2. ARCHIVED-DxPreist1 Guest

DUDE!
    Should read your quests more, there have been a number of them doing that for a while before DoV came out. But Yeah I always like it when they do that, too.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

DxPreist1 wrote:
    I haven't come across anything quite like this..where the messenger comes seeking me before.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

Oh and I am not a dude. :p
  5. ARCHIVED-NardacMM Guest

I love the enthusiasm. :)
    Sometimes it's the little things that make this game most enjoyable.
    - Deverel
  6. ARCHIVED-DxPreist1 Guest

lol, Vernacular "dude" not literal. I thought you were only addressing the using your name portion, not the little running messanger, would be cool if he would seek you out wherever you were but he only runs back and forth in the little otter area, would be funny to have him run through your guild hall chasing you until you talked to him.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

DxPreist1 wrote:
    no thanks.
    I got enough of that with that fricken frog that follows you around after doing Froak language. That darn kid wouldn't stop asking for a PB&J.
  8. ARCHIVED-DxPreist1 Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Well, yes, he is a little... much.... but if he went away after talking to him, he would be FAR more tolerable.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

DxPreist1 wrote:
    lol ya that would be funny :p
  10. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    The frog is way better than that darn kid from Isle of Mara. Especially when mail was borked for a while and I was getting letters from his mom almost every week after DoV launched. :p
  11. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Adoring Fan.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    At least it wasn't Qho Augren. He's worse than Nathan Ironforge.
  13. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

I think some of the devs watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off just onnnne too many times. lol
  14. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I loved that part too. Sometimes its the little things that make you smile. In SF I loved the quests on Kerran Isle that were a nod to icanhazcheezburger cats.
    And it's funny what annoys some folks, amuses others. I found Qho entertaining.
  15. ARCHIVED-Eisrael Guest

The entire Othmir quest line is fantastic. Once I started, I really couldn't stop. Lore aside, I really enjoyed the fact that I began in craptastic gear and wound up in some decent stuff that would allow me to slay Velious mobs in less than the previous 30 minutes it did take :p
    <3 Nipik
  16. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

Katz wrote:
    I like Qho too. The little smarty pants that he is. lol