LOL AT GMS/DEV WHO CHANGED MY FACTION

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Drew575, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Dixa Active Member

this is the very definition of abusing an unintended game mechanic. you should be punished for it, and that quest removed from this server.

you should have REPORTED this as something you can do, instead of abusing it and then claiming you are just using game mechanics when called out later. you are the problem and in the wrong. it's unfortunate you are just another example of the stereotypical pvp player who has ruined the quality of mmorpg pvp in the last 12 years.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Or, perhaps, exile him to Drunder. /shrug.
    Belenos and Kittybock like this.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

Just change the way the quest works for PVP servers, no faction gain or loss till a certain amount of grinding has been done and the the betrayal is done in a single moment, no partway friendly with one side and slightly unfriend with the other, you swap from friend to foe and foe to friend in one tick.
  4. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Off to drunder with drew!
    Belenos and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  5. Xephane Active Member

If it was working as intended a GM would not have knocked down your faction. You are sitting here getting mad about it and calling the devs out because you are a cheater? This mechanic has not existed for a long time. Only recently have the guards protected their faction. You ARE NOT a part of this faction but the guards are giving you protection and you keep on using it to your advantage. That sir, is an exploit. You are exploiting and have been busted. Suck it up, buttercup.
    Belenos and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Enjoy Drunder, princess.
    Belenos, Ajjantis and Xephane like this.
  7. Xephane Active Member

Even this thread name looks like it was post by a child
    LOL AT GMS/DEV WHO CHANGED MY FACTION
    Way to look like a respectful player Drew :) Make yourself come across as an 8 year old who just got his cookies stolen by his brother! Then it gets even better when you actually have the nerve to fight with a DEVELOPER about this as if you are on higher standing than Caith is. Yeah, good luck buddy.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Calm down buffrat, this is against the forums rules.
  9. Breta Well-Known Member

One of the devs just have been proved to have serious flaws in knowledge about the game he should know inside out, yet everybody is calling to kill the messenger. Anyone remember the days when eq2 devs actually played this game?
  10. Xephane Active Member

Gninja and Kander are on all the time, Caith killed me in Commonlands as a test dummy. You don't even know dude.
  11. Breta Well-Known Member

You don't even know dude. They used to play regular characters. Running around with Gm powers hardly gives you any idea about how the game mechanics, class balance, encounter design etc that you are creating are holding up on live.
  12. Eggfu Member

they should just set drew's faction to -10000000000 and be done with it.
  13. Darkon Well-Known Member

If I did everything I could to break the game, there wouldn't be a game left.

Exercise some degree of self control or enjoy your ban. Imo.
    Fetish likes this.
  14. Drew575 Active Member

I will continue to PVP in the city. The only way to change that is to actually make the guards con aggro, and the only way to do that is to change the way guards faction works. Exile is a 3rd faction and with that there are a lot of perks. 1 of the perks is being able to get your faction high enough with an opposing city that you can enter freely at any time. This has been around since day 1 but since all of you new people seem to think you know how the game works (lol half this thread) then you would know that it is not exploiting. The guards still attack me if I attack you and they are near (working as intended). If you want something done about change the way the guards work...This all looks like an elaborate attempt to stop city pvp...keep crying so they keep nerfing things, this is what happened to nagafen...and look where that server is; on the verge of becoming a PVE server.

so please keep the tears coming & we'll see where this server goes.
  15. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

There is only one Person shedding tears in this thread :D
    Belenos, Xephane, Moonpanther and 2 others like this.
  16. Drew575 Active Member

Response SOE Customer Service via Email 08/19/2015 05:24 PM
    It was not a Game Master, it was a Developer. We believe your concerns were addressed by that Dev in your thread.
  17. Tomoz New Member

I think what this thread shows is that some 'intended mechanics' could be clarified:
    - what is supposed to happen when you attack an enemy in your own city near a guard? and what if they are an exile?
    - what is supposed to happen when you attack an enemy in the opposing city near a guard? what if you are an exile?

That's the only way we will know whether what we are doing is 'intended', or apparently, not allowed.
  18. Drew575 Active Member

in either case the guards still attack you exile or faction, if you hit the citizen of that city too close to the guards, they will kill you out right. The only real difference is that an exile player can get their faction high enough with the guards that they don't kill them on site.
  19. mercenery Member

Seems to me there are 2 ways to play this game:
    1. Spend your time finding 'mechanics' and/or 'exploits' to gain an advantage, allowing you to kill another player.
    2. Get your gear and weapons on, go out and use your spells/CAs to kill another player.
    When I used to box, if some nerd had come into the ring and tried to use the tension of the ropes combined with the springiness of the canvas, the positioning of the posts and the proclivity of a Glasgow boxing ref to support Rangers to best me, I would just have used my STR and AGI and STA and gloves to punch him in the head and knock him the fk out.

Stop looking for mechanics and just fight.
    Xephane and Moonpanther like this.
  20. Drew575 Active Member

noone fights me 1v1, everyone just runs, city pvp is the cure for that.