Login to game not working

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by jbc1948, May 28, 2019.

1. Nagical New Member

Still cannot get in here either.
  2. Rolant Active Member

If you can't log on from the launcher, try double-clicking EverQuest2.exe in your EverQuest II folder (you can go there by right-clicking EverQuest II launcher icon and choose "Open file location"). I could log on that way.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Can confirm. "There was an error completing your request. Please try again." when logging in through the launcher.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

open up the EverQuest II directory, launch directly everquest2.exe, input username/passphrase,.. instant connection.
    steadypaws and Breanna like this.
  5. kaplangrad2010 New Member

me neither
  6. Prox Well-Known Member

I cant get in from exe or launcher
  7. Luxroar New Member

still cant get in error completing request... password failure :/

/paw pout
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

/e points to above posted work-around ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  9. kaplangrad2010 New Member

Maybe this is longer than an hour (tweet from 5 hrs ago)

Tweet on the forum homepage says "undergoing maintenance that would be at least another hour to complete" due to the issues of logging in.
  10. steadypaws New Member

Works indeed. If you can't remember how to spell the character's name you wish to login, check the same folder you found the .exe in for an .ini named <account>_characters.ini and it'll list all your toons within.
  11. Luxroar New Member

Servers are down
  12. steadypaws New Member

Make sure you use Everquest2.exe and not EQ2.exe which will only bring the usual login dialog up and fail. Just worked again for me even though the launcher is still failing.
  13. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Should be working now. Well, after the maintenance.
    Breanna likes this.