Login Issues

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Arroin, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Billham Guest

Archemperor wrote:
    See above, SL has been fixed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

GrimStone wrote:
    Downloading 13GB again doesn't make good sense when it's already there on the hard drive - some of us have ISP bandwidth caps we need to watch out for.
    Please provide a non-streaming launcher with "existing installation" detection/selection.
    Thanks!
  3. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    If I install the launchpad linked in this post will I be able to run 2 accounts from the same machine (and same location on said machine) ? I remember reading sometime ago that trying to run 2 instances of EQ2 using one of the launchers required you to have 2 installs in different locations.
    Since I'm using the Station Launcher I *know* that I can run 2 instances of the game from a single install. I don't want to download the "new" launcher and find out I can't run 2 instances of EQ2 without copying over 12gb of files that I already have into another location.
  4. ARCHIVED-bpgisme2 Guest

Station Launcher is working for me now. Thanks! :D
  5. ARCHIVED-Archemperor Guest

I know that it is fixed now, but there will no longer be any support for it. So, since it is being phased out (and is technically no longer applicable), is there a download for just the new launcher instead of the whole game? I'd rather prepare ahead of time instead of having some sort of issues before a raid or something. Downloading several Gb isn't going to happen quickly.
  6. ARCHIVED-Quaim Arcanus Guest

Except that it doesn't work for basically anybody but you. Doesn't seem like a good way to me.

ps- Seems they fixed it anyway working fine now people are SOOO impatient. This use to happen every other day.
  7. ARCHIVED-Darkmage61 Guest

It looks like the new launcher does not even look for an install of EQ2 on the system. That one little change would be a big help. On my wife's system it ignored the already installed EQ2 info and just starts off on a new folder and downloading the game all over again. Bad programing and a waste of your bill payers time and bandwidth.

Oh, thanks for fixing the station launcher.. but now what? !s it still not supported?
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I received word at about 10:15AM PDT that the issue was fixed. Hopefully Station Launcher is functioning properly now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    What executable is the latest launchpad? EQ2.exe?
  10. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Raahl wrote:
    Everquest2.exe
  11. ARCHIVED-Yavie Guest

Thank you for getting this issue fixed so quickly yesterday.
    I am still very concerned that a default launcher I ended up with may no longer be supported by Sony. If this is the case, why don't they back it out and give us the original launcher instead?
    And why not support something that they pushed?
    And thanks for staying on top of the problem yesterday Josh.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zorbac Guest

how do i set up this new launcher for multiple accounts>>>the stationn launccher had a dropdown box so i could switch...i cant even enter another account with this thing. thats suppose to be an improvement?

and where are the patch notes
    ???????????????????????????????????????
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Zorbac wrote:
    The LaunchPad has a dropdown for usernames on the login screen. If you are already logged in to the LaunchPad, you do have to click on Account first and Log out.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zorbac Guest

thank you

would love to se a multiple account password save added...also patchnotes(they are kind of important:)
  15. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Zorbac wrote:
    Patch notes can be viewed at http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/....m?forum_id=330
    They aren't available directly from the patcher unfortunately.
  16. ARCHIVED-odsmourdor Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    This is not working. I log out, relog under second acct. the patcher sits there with a bright greem button saying "Playing" that can not be activated. I am getting VERY FRUSTRATED with the "New launcher "that has been nothing but trouble.
  17. ARCHIVED-odsmourdor Guest

Ok problem resolve for now, you do not have to log out of the Launcher, you have to close it out completely to clear the cache. No real difference than the old launcher, but should have been explained that way.
  18. ARCHIVED-odsmourdor Guest

And once again the launcher will not log in more than one acct. keeps saying "playing" and will not let me log second acct, this is getting tiresome.
  19. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

odsmourdor wrote:
    I was explaining how to get to the drop down box which if you are already logged in you would have to log out first. I wasn't under the impression that the box you weren't aware of was not populating the data yet.
    Dual boxing works with the Full version of the LaunchPad 3 or while using multiple Asset_cache files with the streaming LaunchPad. In other words, our streaming LaunchPad does not disallow you from dual boxing but will download a second set of assets in order to allow you to do so. You can speed up the process by making a copy of your game folder for your 2nd instance.
    Bottom line with that is dual boxing is not something we support. I'll help you with the basics but if you continue to have dual boxing issues I can only help you to make sure everything is being done properly.
  20. ARCHIVED-Twofeets Guest

Neither my wife nor I can log in.
    We completely deleted the old EQ2, everything we could find.
    We downloaded the new EQ2 launcher as suggested
    We patched for 30+ hours (we're overseas and the connection is slow).
    The client version still does not match, login is rejected.
    We have been players since launch, but we havent been able to login now for nearly a month!