Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Alenna, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

fix them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sradss1 New Member

Yep, BG's down now and cannot get back in.... :eek:
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Have logged in with three accounts successfully. Logged out and back in again.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

well it is not happen for me every time i try to log in i get the message "could not connect to login server, the servers may be busy try agian in a fe minunte swell i have since 10:30 and keep getitn that message what file did htey not give me that I should have. and why dont i have it.
  5. TSR-SeanF Member

I would suggest clearing your launch pad cache for a possible fix. To do this, go to your game's folder and find the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

If you are still unable to connect after doing so please let us know!
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

would that effect even the everqeust2 exe which I tried launching the game from and still had the same problem
  7. TSR-SeanF Member

Running the game directly from the everquest2.exe file wouldn't be recommended for accessing the game as this bypasses the launcher, which means any updates we push wont get applied and you most likely wont be able to connect.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

tried deleting login cache and it didn not work still get can't connect to log in server message
  9. TSR-SeanF Member

I'd suggest checking out this post for some additional steps to try. If all else fails, please open a support ticket with us and we will be happy to assist you further.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

the launchpad works I just can't get connected to the login servers. and I use XP professional so some of the steps you have aren't there for me to do. I have done a validate files and am now about to do an uninstall reinstal if that does not work hten I will go to support
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Groovy, thanks for the suggestions, but a) I still fail to see why this is our fault, and b) I still fail to see why this usually only happens after a patch, when I, for one (and I'm probably not alone), have done absolutely NOTHING to change any of my settings, haven't downloaded any bloatware, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. :-/

Uwk
    who also wonders why it usually only seems to hit Test and non-US servers... >:-/
    Anghammarad likes this.
  12. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

lookie at another thread in this message boards... sunbursts and solar flares as well as moon activity got blamed =P

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

On my side it has mostly to do with routing issues regarding the conenction from germany to the magical place where the EQII servers are located. Somtimes the routes hiccup or are hughely broken... loops, permanently shifting, ending in some kind of IP packet nirvana.

But it has gotten better.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eek! Egad...even those of us closer in do have issues with routing as well, depending on weather, how good the substations are between, say, San Diego and the East Coast, etc., etc. :-/

On the other hand, I live only 2-3 hours away from the main servers, so I'm not sure what's going on with us here in the West... X-P

I finally managed to get in again (after my ranting post, of course...sigh); I almost have to wonder if it's actually TRUE what the li'l message window says about all the servers being busy and we should "wait a few minutes" (about an hour or so in my case. "Few" must rank up there with "Soon(TM)"). :-/

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Mysterious Login Server #1 did a Number Two right in our playtime on Test again; this is growing wearisome. It's getting so every time I see the "Trying Login Server #1" come up, I get ready to hit the Quit; Go Away and Try Again, You Fool of a Paying Customer; Cancel, etc. button as an automatic reflex. What/where is Login Server #1, and how can we walk up to it physically in real life and beat it flat with an axe so that we only have to deal with Login Server #2, which actually seems to work? :-/

Seriously. Please. Fix the damned thing. It can't always be our fault. >:-/

Uwk