locked encounter

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-lipps, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-lipps Guest

strange for me, maybe has always been around but never noticed. when i yell for help, the encouter becomes locked and seems like i have to run my ars off to get away, have they always locked when yelling for help? usually its my death, just frustrating. any useful replies appreciated :) thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Yax Guest

Are you sure you're not mixing up "locked" with "no xp/loot"? When locking was still mandatory, yelling would unlock the encounter but tag it "no xp/loot". With the "new" system you have to specify if you want to lock encounters (defaults to no lock), but yelling still tags it "no xp/loot".
  3. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

Wait I didn't even realize this. So you're saying that, by default, encounters are no longer locked in EQ2?
    So many changes since I played the first time lol.
    OK, if they aren't locked, does the game share xp by default? Does it give looting rights to the party that did the most dmg, by default? And then you can change these behaviors if you want? :shock:
  4. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

[p] The one that "tags" the mob first gets the exp/loot.[/p][p]However, if someone else does any significant damage to it, ithat is supposed to screw up the drop chances (There used to be a dev post about it, not sure if it survived the transition) And you have to do more than 50% damage for full exp.[/p]