Loading Zone resources

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by AnotherForumName, Nov 14, 2020.

1. AnotherForumName Member

Logging *to* character select takes *at least* 10-15 minutes. Loading into a zone/entering world takes 30+ minutes. Loading into new zones takes 30-60 minutes.

I have tried deleting all caches as requesting by other threads (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231267788-How-do-I-clear-my-cache-in-EverQuest-II-)

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling.

I have deleted manually all folders connected to EQ2 then reinstalling again.

Nothing works and I just (like a Dumb***) subed so I can play on the TL server.

How do I make this game work? Total playtime at best 5 minutes. Total wait time on loading screens (many many many hours)

Someone please help.
  2. AnotherForumName Member

Ok, now, instead of just using the "Uninstall" button under Advanced Options I went into the Control Panel/Apps and did a hard Uninstall from there and for real got rid of the game completely and started completely over with a fresh download but the new Launcher refuses to download more then ~200 *megabytes* for the game then goes right back to "preloading assets."

Preloading Assets takes literally 4 hours! BUT it is not local on my machine!

Do people really deal with hours upon hours of waiting to play this game only for a few minutes at a time?

I don't remember this game taking this long to load every. single. loading. screen. This is madness.
  3. Nekre Active Member

This sounds like its on your end. No one takes 4 hours of zoning. Is your game still downloading that you dont know about causing that?
  4. Arconiat New Member

Nope, it was happening to me since these issues started, now my client just crashes loading zone resources to char select screen. And I fully downloaded the game to make sure it wasn't that causing it.

FIXED: deleted assetcache, cache and logincache, also ran launcher and everquest2.exe as admin (just in case) and restarted eq2 and went straight to char select.

DBG must have screwed something up on the last patch to affect the cache files somehow.
  5. AnotherForumName Member

@Arconiat Yeah deleting all those cache folders was the very first thing that I did. It unfortunately did not fix it on Saturday for me but last night (Sunday) when I tried the game again it just magically resolved itself -- @Nekre so...

...no, it was on their end. And yes everything else, prior/during to attempting to play EQ2, was working just fine (Netflix, WoW, etc)

It's almost like, despite having all 25 GB's of the game on my hard drive, it was just ignoring that and instead decided to D/L the whole game during play but at 1-3 KB's per second. Nice. lol
  6. Zartil Active Member

The cache file is a source of tons of problems .... it is one of the files they tell you to delete and retry. I had a problem with it hanging in loading Kylong Plains recently and nothing would fix it. But after the expansion launched it suddenly works fine. Since most of the higher level content require you to go through Kylong plains it was a PITA, I had been logging to Kylong then shutting down my PC and booting into my Laptop to complete the stuff.. then back to PC again. Game can be frustrating as hell at times.
  7. Chaaskul Member

I have been having preloading assets every time I start the game, all 25gb. I log out and start again the next day, and again starts preloading all 25gb even though the game files are all up to date. Only been happening since around the 17th Feb. really annoying and frustrating
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're stuck in streaming mode. Go into the launcher's advanced options and make sure the full download option is checked.