Little Advice needed from you higher boys :)

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-KabsReds, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-KabsReds Guest

Couple of questions here, as new as it may make me sound at least if i've asked it'll make me better in the end :)

1, When using the interference line and concussive, if I have the tank targetted does it decrease his hate or does it proxy through him onto the mob?

2, What god lines are you going for (i'm evil btw)? I've heard to go for cazic thule, but as i'm far far too lazy to go and look for a post i'd much prefer if one of you chaps could post me some info :)

Thankin ye kindly for all info posted!
  2. ARCHIVED-Jaroth Cloudwalker Guest

The answer to your first questions is, no it does not reduce the hate of the tank. You are using the implied target mechanics of the game. You will hit the mob the same way you would if you targeted him directly but without the need to do so.
    The same applies for healers healing (i.e. if the healer targets the mob and heals it will heal the person the mob is attacking).
  3. ARCHIVED-KabsReds Guest

I had thought it so :) thanks a lot
  4. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

Ditto on Q 1

My advice is to take Sol Ro for a god. He's the best choice currently for sorcerers. Even though he grants Fire-based procs in most cases and so theoretically is suited to a wizard ... the unfortunate answer is that NO god is suiteable for a warlock atm better than Sol Ro.

Anyway. When and if they add more gods chances are you'll be able to switch allegiances ... ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Agreed. If nothing else than for the cloak/pet. Best warlock option atm. IMHO, anyway.:smileywink:
  6. ARCHIVED-Niun01 Guest

SolRo can kiss my... He is the wizards choice of gods.. and a waste of time to do quests and follow someone that is going to give you stuff that procs off fire based spells, which we dont have..
    Quellious was my chosen god. lots of power tricks and a cloak that reduces your hate by 50%.. I don't see any better choice for a Warlock IMHO.

Message Edited by Niun01 on 11-19-2006 04:09 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

I agree that for Warlocks there really isn't an obvious choice at the moment from a thematic or roleplaying stand point. I went with Sol Ro myself. Quellios was tempting with the hate reduction stuff and power regen, but for me power management has never been a problem and with the boost Vullian Nullification and Concussive got, hate has not been an issue for me at all since the expansion came out and will be even less of an issue once I get Vaccuos. Sol Ro has some nice abilities that ehnance your DPS and survivability and the cloak adds 65 to ALL spell damage, which includes DoT ticks. The pet is also +28 Int which helps offset us not having a self Int buff (not by much, but every little bit counts). Between the pet and the cloak the choice seems obvious to me. Most people won't be using Miracles and Blessings all that often as they seem to be very situational and something you would save for a really tough boss fight or something. In the end you really need to just ask yourself wether you want +int and +65 to all spell damage, or +wis and hate reduction. For me it's an obvious choice, if I have hate issues I can always switch to my Skywatcher robe, but for DPS I'll take all I can get.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Lenefir Guest

Also, just want to point out that the deaggro procs on the Quellious cloak (currently) doesn't work against epics. Didn't pay too much attention to the blessings and miracles she could give you though.

Anyway. Went with Sol Ro here too.

Just wish the Sol Ro imp would be as tough as the Quellious spirit and not die as soon as a mob sneezes on it :smileysad:
  10. ARCHIVED-Niun01 Guest

I honestly dont know about the Solro advatages, but it seems with the power tricks the fixing of our hate reducers added with the deagro proc on the cloak I was parseing between 2k and 5k in our monday funday Courts/poets run. Died twice and had a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] blast. I wouldnt give up the mana tricks for nothing.
    Finally get to nuke my head off literally and live. lol

I just may have to respec over to the agility/strength just to see if there is a difference with the increase of crits and faster casting times.
  11. ARCHIVED-Niun01 Guest

Your correct, I suppose I need to think about good, nuetral, evil thing more now that the gods are here. I'm just excited that we finally got some fixes in.

Having my death rate lowered by at the least 60% makes me one happy Warlock. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

/shrug i chose Innoruuk mainly cause I'm a Dark Elf. But also Innoruuk has a couple nice blessings/miracles as well. theres one that when cast for the next minute or w/e you gain so much power per each spell attack. Also another Mezz's a target and on termination does quite a bit of damage. Another is a decent dot(like 1k+ a tick) and also heals group members for a certain amount. theres a Charm as well that causes damage as well. Another is an augmentation placed on an enemy and when that mob dies you will lose 24 positions of hate as well as gaining DPS boost, Casting boost, Spell/melee crit boost etc. Also a couple dumbfire pets as well that do some decent damage. Deffinately some of those are nice for those longer fights that you know you will have and wanna boost your DPS/power a little bit.
  13. ARCHIVED-KabsReds Guest

i must admit all the fire buffs of sol ro are putting me off somewhat, what is the cloak for innoruk?
  14. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

[IMG]

but it doesnt have the 35% falling damage reducer and also now it decreases power of target by 80 instead of 121...still returns the same amount.
    also here is what it looks like.
    [IMG]