List of soloable named mobs at level 70

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Dharkone, Jul 26, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Dharkone Guest

I would like to make a daily "gimme ya lewt" round by killing named mobs. Let's make a list of nameds a level 70 necro can reach AND kill solo.
    Barren Sky > Whisperwind Island - The Ridgestone Titan
    Bonemire > Drednever Crash Site - Shissa the Ashweaver
    Poets Palace - A Creature Of Beauty
    Poets Palace - A Creature Of Terror
    Poets Palace - A Unique Form
    Poets Palace - Keeper Of Silence
    The Acadechism - The War Ancient of Zek
    The Hidden Cache - Mullok
    The Nest of the Great Egg - Aggressor Khranz
    The Nest of the Great Egg - Councilor Zhardiz
    The Nest of the Great Egg - Taskmaster Rezhirz
    The Nest of the Great Egg - Kettleleader Ghrizhaw
    Mistmoore Catacombs (lower part) - around 5 nameds (names will be added l8rs)

See replies in this thread for tactics on those nameds as well...
    /cheers
    update 07-08-2007:
    - added a few more nameds. Thanx for all your input guys!!!
    - added lootdb links
  2. ARCHIVED-BLIGHTBRINGER Guest

i have soloed arcadechism and killed everything right up to the room with the 3 named in which i presume is the end. i couldnt kill all three of them but i did manage the animator (forgotton her name) which is the second named. takes a bit of practice and occasional help with cazic thule blessings and miracles but i have done it more than once. trouble is you die a lot and most loot is no trade ( ok for giving back to cazic thule but not worth much at vendor and never usable by me) but did once get a nice master 1 spell worth 10p. not worth it if you care about adventure exp debt! animator has nasty kick back and must have undead tide available or non starter. it isnt easy as you have to dispatch 2 linked level 63^^^ geis' twice first but can be done. prob not unless you have tainted heals and good tank pet. plus when you kill the animator 4 more mobs spawn just when you and pet's health and power isnt so good so i used the cazic thule spell that slowed them by 99% for one minute - worked great.
    Hellstone
  3. ARCHIVED-TharanSaebelbein Guest

The Nest of the Great Egg [ul][li]Aggressor Khranz[/li][li]Councilor Zhardiz[/li][li]Taskmaster Rezhirz[/li][li]Kettleleader Ghrizhaw[/li][/ul]All four were done using the Root-Lifetab-Root-Lifetab-etc strategy, for I do not have Tainted Heals yet. Khzanz and Zhardiz were easy, just make sure they do not reach you. Rezhirz: Because of his evil nukes, I firstly destroyed all of his minions and broke the encounter by /yell and jumping on the ladder. Afterwards it was a close fight. Ghrizhaw is a Warrior, which makes it easy to root-tab him down, because he does not nuke. But it takes forever with his TONS of HP. Did not finished Chamberlain X'Haviz, yet.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

Just for the poster above.. its LifeTAP not LifeTAB.
    How long does it take you guys to root/rot your way through instances. I would find that really dull but that could also explain why I am pretty broke all the time.
    Sark.
  5. ARCHIVED-TharanSaebelbein Guest

Sarkoris wrote:

Thank you very much for the correction of my clerical mistake.

Meanwhile I do have Tainted heals (Thanks to LU37), which make my way through the Nest quite simple: the first 3 Nameds went down using the tank pet and Tainted heals. Even the third one (Rezhirz??) was easy with the pet holding agro and using the Undead Tide - the corpses from Rezhirz's minions helped a lot.

I killed Ghrizhaw root-tapping because of three unsuccessfull tries pet-tanking.

X'Haviz is still not finished. But I will keep trying.

I need about 45 minutes to clear the hole zone, but I guess I can do it a little faster if needed.

Additional I found another named which is reach- and killable: Shissa the Ashweaver - Bonemire Drednever Crash Site
  6. ARCHIVED-Zapo Guest

All the nameds in the lower part of mistmoore catacombs. Except the epic one. ;) Must be 5 , can't remember their names now. In the upper part of mistmoore catacombs those nameds that are close to a climbing wall and therefore easy to reach. At least two are reachable Probably you can solo the other nameds there too but its difficult to reach them with all those invis seeing/fast respawning mobs. Some nameds in palace of awakening should be doable too. Did not try yet myself but definately worth a try if you want to solo nameds. Currently I am specced as a raid necro which hinders my solo ability. But I heard that with the next expansion there will be the possibility to switch between two different AA setups by clicking an item in your house. Happy farming.
  7. ARCHIVED-TharanSaebelbein Guest

8. ARCHIVED-XAvengerX Guest

Chamberlain X'Haviz in Nest would be very easy for a necro to solo if it was for the fact that the fear proc on our roots / tank pet didnt keep sending him through the floor so hes untargettable while he hits you unhindered from the floor below.
    I know he can be soloed, but i just dont have the patience with that battling the zone geometry nonsense.
  9. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

Tank Xhaviz on ground level.
  10. ARCHIVED-jaff247 Guest

11. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

Here are a few:
    -Every named in Forgotten City except the Epic (all other mobs do not see invis, so pretty easy getting around...)
    -All of the loping plains named except the pumpkin head (There are two Lerach quest givers--Seeress and one other that also count as named kills for AA exp. both are not too bad)
    -The second named in Acadechism (room with the swords that are ^^^ and come in twos)
    -SoS named. You have to learn SoS to get around, but not too hard with invis + flopping. All the named except those beyond the gorg pit are not too bad. I haven't been there since new AAs, so I think all may be doable now.
    -I recently cleared out vaults of El-arad. I'm never going back I did kill all the named there except the final one (Korgo). Korgo has a complete heal that made him too tough, at least for me anyway. Almost everything here sees invis. Everything is groups of 2 or 3 ^^^s. OK to do once but that is it.
    GS
  12. ARCHIVED-Brfz Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Brfz wrote:
    i have soloed that instance but i think it must have ben bugged for a short time becauce respawns wheren't attaking me.. and btw i belive that is probly imposssible now since the changes to STA line would make it almost impossible for the pet to hold agro while being imune to charm/stun/mez and all that stuff .. that was my AA build when i use to run that instace (the drops where not so great)
  14. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

Brfz wrote:
    It has been a little while, but don't you basically just clear the zone quickly then pull Cazel, pop undead tide, and keep the pet healed...no fuss no muss :)
    GS
  15. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Theres also 2 other named in poets palace if you want to go through the trouble of the statue ring event (cyclops and eye). *shudders*
  16. ARCHIVED-Brfz Guest

gr8scott wrote:
    I tried it myself, Problem is that Cazel kills the undead tide with first AE. Which stifles you btw.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dharkone Guest

Nolus@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I stopped doing this statue event, because when I start fighting that Cyclops fella, he disappears in the floor/ceiling most of the times so I can't target him anymore. And when he returns he's all over me... bah hate this bug. If there is a workaround to prefend him from "hiding" I would like to know, because than I can kick his booty...
  18. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

Cartaphilus@Runnyeye wrote:
    When you come into the statue room, the platform straight ahead on the far side is where you need to fight Ayesor. He won't clip under map there, do not fight him on the blue floor.

Hope this helps.
  19. ARCHIVED-jeremyhwilson Guest

If you have tainted heals you can use the two debuff manipulation spells Drawing of Souls and the other (dunno the name, it decrease Int, Wis, Sta and such). Those two spells you can cast then direct after click them again to cancel them. They only take a couple seconds to recharge then you can use them again. That way you can work around using your fear manipulation or your root spell to heal.