Lily Hopsalong Designs

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sapphirius, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Heyo, folks! I'm the purple frog known as Lily. (I'm not a froglok in real life. I promise!) Recently, I've gotten a bit busier in the commission department, so I feel it's time I actually set up something a little more structured. This is for my sanity.

If you've not read Jazabelle's "How to Commission a Decorator," then please do read it. It's good information to know before approaching any decorator. You will also find copies of some helpful cost and planning guidelines on my desk in my decorating office (Lilyblossom's Freeblood Estate, Qeynos).

If you want to hire me...

1. I will expect half the cost upfront.
    In the past, I've been lax about collecting part of the commission fee before starting work, and as a result, I've not been paid for my work. This is to protect me.

2. While I'm decorating, please don't make any changes or additions.
    This is for several reasons, but mostly because it messes things up when I'm working. If there's something you don't like, point it out during our walkthrough, and I'll fix it. If you want to add little things here and there, don't worry. I leave every client 100 to 200 item slots exactly for that purpose, to add your own little touches when I'm done.

3. A tip is always appreciated!
    It's not "required," but please understand that the cost to decorate your home does not include a tip for me. It's just the cost of materials, fuel, and my time. Often, there's not a whole lot left to pay me for my time, so please be considerate.

4. Be patient.
    There's a waiting list. Not only that, but I'm pretty busy out there in that game called "The Real World." Every once in a while, I also want to do something with my game time besides decorate... like go kick some monster butt. I won't be working on your house every second that I'm in game.

5. Be reasonable with your budget.
    In my design office, I have a book titled "The Costs of Decorating." In that book, I outline the various things to consider before negotiating a price with any decorator. I also do a breakdown of costs to give you a rough estimate of how much you can expect to spend on a commission with some tips on how to save a little plat here and there.
    SierraDawn, Trinitie, Katz and 4 others like this.
  2. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Available House Layouts
    I've been contacted a few times about the layouts I make. I have not been able to respond to a few people because their mailboxes are full. When you contact me, please take the time to empty your mailbox, including all that ghost spam. To answer the questions I've been asked.
    • I do not charge for the layout. As far as I'm concerned, I was paid the first time I made the layout for a decorating client. Tips, however, are very welcome.
    • If you wish a layout, I will need an email address to send the file to.
    • I do not have these layouts in a variety of colors, but swapping the item numbers of the items to whatever color you wish is not too difficult. There are excellent tutorials out there on how to use the layout editor.
    • If you wish me to swap out the item numbers for you, that will cost depending upon the size and scope of the project.
    • If you wish me to make the items on listed on the layout, I will require fuel plus tip. Non-craftable items (such as marble) must be supplied by you.
    • If you wish me to decorate a house for you using one of these layouts, then I will again require fuel costs plus tip.
    • All layouts (except seasonal-only prestige homes) are available for touring on the leaderboards under Lilyblossom. Evil-only houses are available under Boglily.
    I hope that answers all the questions I've been asked. Now, for the final question. Here are the layouts available to other decorators.

Personal Dojo
    This design was originally done for my Romantic Hideaway and later modified for a guild mate. It underwent a few more revisions before arriving at this version. You can view this layout on the leaderboards under "Dojo Layout by Boglily," owned by Lilyblossom.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/pVxFZ#0

[IMG]

Everfrost Summer Home (New)

This home (like the Personal Dojo) has been tested to ensure that all pieces load correctly. You can view this home on the leaderboards under "Everfrost Layout by Boglily," under Lilyblossom.

[IMG]

Snowy Dwelling

This layout was created while decorating a Christmas surprise for my husband. You can view the furnished version of this layout by visiting "For My Loving Husband" in the Hall of Fame, owned by Treelily.

Please note: This layout uses Station Cash building blocks (except for the sumac). If you wish to use non-SC blocks, please be aware that a large number of craftable or purchased tiles will not increase their size above 6. The white and black marble tiles in this house are above the scale of 6.

[IMG]

New Halas Inn (1 room)

This layout was done with the original New Halas home style in mind. Parts of the home are new, and other parts are of the original house. It uses exactly 200 building blocks, which is the max limit before adding expanders. You can view this home on the leaderboards under "1 Room Halas Layout by Boglily," owned by Lilyblossom.

[IMG]

4 Room Freeport Layout, Version 3

This layout uses a combination of sumac, high keep rugs, white marble, and floor gratings. It features two large rooms, a loft, and 7 smaller rooms. You can find this house on the leaderboards under Boglily's name. When loading the layout, five of the building blocks (directly under the outdoor area) may appear to have not loaded. Have no fear. They're there. You just won't see them until you zone out and back in.

Please Note: Daybreak Cash white marble is used in here. Some of the tiles and railings are scaled above the size of 6. If you use non-DB cash blocks, they may not scale to the correct size.
    NOTE: This layout does not work with version 1 or 2 Freeport 4-room houses. It only works with version 3, which can be found at 7 Integrity Road, N Freeport, and 4 Freedom Road, S Freeport.

[IMG]

Freeblood Layout

You can view a partially furnished version of this layout at Lilyblossom's Freeblood lair in Qeynos. I do not have an unfurnished version for touring. I originally wasn't going to do a Freeblood layout for people because it's not a very popular request. Someone asked me for mine, and so I cheated. I made a copy of my decorating office (Lilyblossom's Freeblood lair) and deleted the furniture from it. Afterwards, I decided that I might want to have a actual layout just in case.

Note: This layout uses a mix of Daybreak Cash and non-DC building blocks. If you replace them with all non-DC building blocks, then some items may not scale above 6.

[IMG]

3. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

4 Room Qeynos Layout, Version 1

By in-game request... This layout uses a combination of high keep rugs, rose topiaries, and crafted building blocks. It features a spacious living room, basement, outdoor garden area, and three rooms upstairs. You can find this house on the leaderboards under Lilyblossom's name. When loading the layout, some of the building blocks may appear to glitch in and out, especially at the top of the stairs. Have no fear. Just zone out and back in, and the glitchiness stops completely.

NOTE: This layout does not work with version 2 or 3 Qeynos 4-room houses. It only works with version 1, which can be found all over South Qeynos.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/Kmgxx#0

[IMG]

2 Room Qeynos Layout, Version 1

I made this layout on the AB server first so I could determine exactly how much I needed of what to make the house on Stormhold. Obviously, we can't make adamantine dividers on Stormhold yet, but I wanted to give a crafted alternative to the finished stone I used in Hospalong Cottage. This layout uses just under 400 building blocks.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/rDQ2m#0

[IMG]

2 Room Freeport Layout, Version 1

I made this on AB to reproduce on Stormhold for my warden's house (using different building blocks). This layout uses just slightly more than 260 building blocks.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/PrLGr#0

[IMG]

3 Rm Halas Layout, Winter Cabin

This layout was created for my secret Santee for SSHHS2015. You can tour this layout on AB's medium homes leaderboards, under Lilyblossom.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/v9DTr

[IMG]

Summer Cabin Layout, by Boglily

This design is a reskin of the Everfrost Summer Home and comes with a lovely view of the forest outside. It features a spacious living room, kitchen/dining room, bedroom, and bath.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/OdbN8

[IMG]

2 Room Gorowyn Layout, by Boglily

Like the Freeblood layout, this is not a very popular request. This is, essentially, my Red Room layout with white marble and all the doors and furniture removed.

Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/69Bfy

[IMG]
  4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

*reserved for future housing layouts*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Finished Houses
    These are the houses I've completed for various clients or for myself. These designs are separate from the Available House Layouts section and are meant to be a display of my work, not a list of layouts available for sale. However, if there is a design that you really really like, we can probably work something out.

Romantic Hideaway
    Boglily's Personal Dojo, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

You can find this house on the Housing Leaderboard doohickey in the Hall of Fame. I had a ton of fun with this house. I started it the night before last by lining the walls, floor and ceiling, and I finished it early this morning with furniture and plants. The Erollisi Day furniture pack is an awesome deal. I calculated the cost to buy each of the packs in there (with sale prices factored) and it would have cost me 5,510 station cash to buy the packs and other extras included in there. To find it all together for so so much less thrilled me. I bought it, put the gold marble in Frannie's dungeon, and used the Castellum in her dojo. The kitchen was especially fun to do because I experimented with different ways to use the Castellum furniture, such as using the office chair to make a stove and the dining chairs to make cabinet doors.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/oW80v#0

[IMG]

Call Me Maybe
    AMV by Domino

While working on a memorial garden, a decorator friend and I got to talking, She told me that one of my houses was used in Domino's video and told me which house it was. I was all like, "No way. I finished that house after she left the EQ2 team." She found the link and sent it to me. Sure enough, my house is in a music video!

I... am so incredibly flattered (and "completely stoked," as my son would say). Be sure to like on the video. The ending is hilarious.

I also noticed that The Atrium was included in a video tour. I wondered why I zoned in one day and all my fish were dead. :pYou're welcome in any of my homes whenever you like.

Euryale's Formal House
    Eurryale's 3 Walk of the Dead, Neriak
    Antonia Bayle

I don't know if Euryale plans to put this on the housing leaderboard or not. When she first told me about the project, she mentioned that she wanted it to be in the style of a Grecian villa. She shared with me a link to the layout of such a villa and felt that the Nerian homes lent themselves well to the style. She was right; they do.

So off I went to do some research, study pictures and determine what kinds of furniture I'd need to get the desired effect. Since her family colors are dark blue & silver, I knew that I wanted to make the foyer all about her family's wealth and affluence and those two colors. To me, a foyer should go BAM! I'm in your face. Notice me! From there, I designed her formal areas and then moved upstairs for the informal areas. I hope I got the effect she wanted.

As a side note, you'll notice bare walls and empty surfaces. This is uncharacteristic of me as I tend to love including little details that make a space look lived in, but when I design a home for someone else, I like to leave out those little touches and let the customer add them. To me, it allows them to personalize the space to their own tastes. I just go in and set everything up. Then they can add their own paintings and knicknacks.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/L5bRs#0

[IMG]

Layla's Cabin in the Woods
    Lalaylah's Tenebrous Isle, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

Not too long ago, I mentioned really wanting a Skyblade Skiff so I could turn it into a floating garden. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend Fan Faire that year because I was taking care of my grandparents, both of whom have passed on. Well, Layla saw that comment and rolled an alt for me so I could have and decorate that skiff. OK, so it's not really mine. It's her alt's, but if the selling of houses works as this post says it will, then I might be able to buy that skiff from her in the near future! The only thing she wanted in return was for me to decorate a pine forest for her and Neversea's wolf pack.

So decorate it, I did, and I added a little surprise for them as well.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/7bvLZ#0

[IMG]

Soulfire Club's Watercloset
    Soulfireannex's Personal Dojo, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

When I was first asked to make a bathroom for the Soulfire Club, I kind of went, "Wha huh what?" Soulfire has always had a bathroom stall or two inside the building so people could /AFK and not accidentally ignore anyone who didn't know they were away. Well, the new Soulfire layout just doesn't leave any room for bathroom stalls anymore, so they put a portal up and said, "That leads to the bathrooms!" They also put the portal in the guild hall's bath house, so the guild hall would have access to the bathrooms as well.

You want me to turn an entire house into a bathroom? *blink blink* Not only did they want me to turn the entire house into a bathroom, but they'd also added two housing expanders on it to increase the item count from 200 to 500. I kind of groaned because I do not like lining the personal dojos. The walls are slightly off by .3°, and the bottom part of the wall tends to eat furniture without some tricky placement. Neversea, being the awesome pirate, offered to line the dojo for me... so all I had to do was go in and build stuff.

I started the project thinking, there is no possible way I'm going to use more than 200 items. Nearly 400 items later, I was eating my own words.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/skXFt#0

[IMG]

86's Captain's Quarters
    Eightysix's Galleon of Dreams, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

86's son had actually started decorating this house and got a little burned out on it, so 86 asked me to finish the captain's quarters for him. Then he asked Neversea to finish the engine room... Cocoa Bunny style. I don't know whether or not 86 plans to list the house on the leaderboard when it's finally all finished, but here is the captain's quarters that I built for him... with room to add things.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/gCW3C#0

[IMG]

Tribunal Hall of Justice
    Eightysix's Grand Thurgadin Hall, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

Eightysix is at it again with a new home for me to design... and he paid me an ungodly amount of plat to do it. (Hey! At least it's job security.) I always believe that you get what you pay for, and for the price he paid, I gave him what is quite possibly the most expensive space I've ever designed.

Eightysix wanted a temple to the Tribunal, so when I designed the space, I knew I wanted lots of black and white to keep in with that Tribunal feel. He'd stated wanting to keep the ring in the center of the front hall for "trial by combat." I decided I wanted to keep the blue glowing trim to soften the contrast between all the black and white. As the design progressed, 86's Temple of the Tribunal turned into a Court of the Tribunal. He had ideas for each of the little side rooms and wanted a shrine in the back waterfall room to the Tribunal, seven statues. We don't have any Tribunal statues, but I decided the Qeynos guard statues looked close enough.

When I finally finished the project, 86 was thrilled and he published the hall, which can now be found in the Hall of Fame.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/DnAVs#0

[IMG]

The Training Room: Freeport
    Boglily's estate at 1 Integrity Rd, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

So a friend suggested to me that I rebuild the Training Room. I told him that I have absolutely no intention of ever reopening the bar, but sure, I'd go in to restore and update a few things. In I went to work on the Training Room's Freeport location. It's an older bar with a lot of history that spanned two servers. On LDL, it was simply known as Fight Pub and run by Legends of the Tundra. For three years, I did a lot of publicity for Fight Pub on my druid Sapphirius and ran it from Qeynos, Maj'Dul, and Kelethin. When Kunark came out in 2007, I betrayed my monk to bruiser for the Gorowyn housing, moved her to AB, and changed the name of the tavern to the Training Room. I ran TR for another three years, with a lot of help from Ijaka, before I finally shut it down in 2011.

You can find this on the Housing Leaderboard doohickey in the Hall of Fame, listed as "The Training Room: Freeport."

album link: http://imgur.com/a/Ma3It#0

[IMG]
    Jaden, Valzen, Geden and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Tsvellia's Manor
    3 Walk of the Dead, Neriak
    Antonia Bayle

This house was started by Doktore over a year ago as a birthday present for Tsvellia. Unfortunately, it was never finished. Tsvellia then approached me, after seeing my Cathedral of War, to ask if I would finish the house for her. I searched for Doktore for nearly a month, and after not finding him anywhere, I concluded that he had indeed left the game and agreed to finish her house.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/LpEFd#0

[IMG]

Desert Dojo
    Boglily's Residence of the Blades, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

This is Boglily's private desert dojo where she goes to train. As a dojo, it's not exactly over the top with luxuries, but it has everything the pair needs to train on the bottom floor and relax on the top floor. I started this project several months ago, and it lay in a state of near completion for quite some time while I worked on other projects, like decorating my real life home.

I always worry about publishing my simpler homes because they lack the "in your face" pizzazz that a lot of people seem to like in decorated houses. However, I've decided to publish the dojo anyway. You can find it on the housing leaderboard doohickey under "Hall of Fame." (The large home classification surprised me because this home really isn't all that large. I'd have put it under medium.)

album link: http://imgur.com/a/87pEz#0

[IMG]

The Lily Pond
    Treelily's Mistmoore Crags Estate, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

I debated for some time as to whether or not I should post this house. I have this thing about each of my homes being an original piece, and it wasn't until after I finished it that I realized this room looked an awful lot like the entry way for the Garden Hope I had done. The only reason this room was decorated was because my druid needed a place for her AA mirror. (That was when AA mirrors were actually required to change specs.) Over time, it was decorated to be a tranquil and soothing space for my friend whose wife had passed away from kidney failure. It was our little escape to relax and look at something soothing while talking to each other or just listening to music.

This friend became my husband, and this place is still special to us. However, at my husband's urging, I decided to publish it. You can find this home in the Hall of Fame.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/i8vbF#0

[IMG]

The Red Room
    Boglily's Upper Tenements, Gorowyn
    Antonia Bayle

A while back, I started this house. Then I started another house and another and another. I became so distracted with houses that I never finished this one. Just as I thought I'd finally have time to finish, I got married and took on the biggest decorating project of my life... blending two families.

Well, time has moved on, and I've FINALLY finished this house. The Red Room is exactly what its name implies, a red room. Each wall has a door that leads somewhere, and a spiraling staircase in the center. This room was designed to hold almost all of Boglily's prestige house portals, since I now have numerous alts who all have their own prestige portals. (All my characters' portals can be found on display in my House of Portals.)

This house can be found on the "Hall of Fame" leaderboard on Antonia Bayle.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/Xh2bt#0

[IMG]

Forest Sanctuary
    Boglily's Vale of Halfpint Delight, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

A while back, I built a log cabin for Layla on her Tenebrous Isle. I liked the log cabin so much that I promised myself I would build one of my own. So I sat down and planned out my home, deciding where my druid ring, meditation pond, and cabin would be. Then... real life happened, and the house sat unfinished for quite a while. Don't worry. It was good real life happening! Last week, I sat down and decided to finish this house.

This house can be found on the leaderboard doohickey, under Hall of Fame.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/J9lOQ#0

[IMG]

Dalvaren's Estate
    Dalvaren's Everfrost Summer Home, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

I was recently approached for two house commissions. This is one of them. Dalvaren did not want a single bit of ice showing. After some time (and a few colorful words), I managed to cover the house and save the layout. Once ToV went live, I was able to finish the house, as I'd filled it completely with building before then. I left Dalvaren plenty of room to add her own paintings and knicknacks.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/s3yWl#0

[IMG]

Cutie Mark Acquisition Program
    CMAP's Guild Hall, Kelethin
    Antonia Bayle

I had forgotten why I don't decorate guild halls anymore. After finishing up this hall, I remembered why. While I did have a lot of fun covering this hall, it was also an exasperatingly large amount of space to work with. The hall has room to grow, and CMAP will not be upgrading to a larger hall as they level up. Instead, they will stay with the smaller hall and simply add the amenities they need. I've left plenty of space for future amenities.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/l4K0g#0

[IMG]

Niboota's Tour:

Vichane's Estate
    Vichane's Mistmoore Crags Estate, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

This was the second part of a commission. The requests here were cool sedate colors, an Innoruukian feel, and a torture chamber.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/dxS0t#0

[IMG]
    Laliya, Jaden, Valzen and 2 others like this.
  7. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

A Coercer's Dream Come True (SSHHS2013)
    Darkzephyr's Uncanny Estate, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

This was the house I did for Darkzephyr as part of the Secret Santa House Swap. I do hope they do this event again next year. It was great fun! you can find this home on the leaderboard doohickey under large homes.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/VDeRQ#0

[IMG]

To My Loving Husband...
    Treeily's Snowy Dwelling, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

This house was built for my husband. It comes from the heart and is stuffed full of little inside jokes between myself and him as well as a few obvious jokes, such as a solicitor-shooting cannon. You can find this home on the leaderboard doohickey under Hall of Fame.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/WAO1H#0

[IMG]

A Humble Abode
    Beverly's 2 Lucie Street, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

While finishing up CMAP's guild hall, I was somehow suckered into doing a Qenosian apartment. She wanted a definite rustic, earthy feel to the home. No super fancy polished surfaces and hoity toity furniture for her. This is what I put together for her: a spacious living area with a state-of-the-art kitchen a halfling could be proud of. Well, it's sort of state of the art. She has to pump her water still, and her refrigerator is a literal ice box, a box with ice and a curtain. She also has a walled-in rose garden and a private bar with her very own indoor archery range. Upstairs is her master suite, the only part where I went a little fancy.;

This house is currently under reconstruction. I hope you enjoy it.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/A0qS5#0

[IMG]

A Druid's Dojo
    Treelily's Personal Dojo, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

I actually did this one several months ago and just never published it. It's a dojo for a druid. There's not much more to say about it than that. You'll find the guild door incorporated as part of her druidic altar to Marr. This home can be found on the leaderboard doohickey under Hall of Fame.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/hnQnS#0

[IMG]

Halasian Homestead
    Treelily's Valor Hoemstead, New Halas
    Antonia Bayle

This is one of those projects I started and then shoved to a back burner. Since this summer was all about catching up on personal projects that I kept neglecting, this was the first one I dove into. (The Druid Dojo had already been finished for months.)

This house was originally in response to a player who claimed on the forums that SOE was "afraid of pink," and that the price of the berry-fed bovoch mount was "discrimination" against women. I began decorating a house with pink overtones. When I first started, I was going to put every pink housing item I could find in here, but I quickly realized that it would clash... badly. It also needed a non-pink accent to set it off. Then the house sat on a back burner while I finished commissions and played in Landmark. I came back and modified the design and then began dropping off all my snowglobes and music boxes into the house. The design kept morphing and morphing until I got this.

This house is best appreciated with your music turned on so you can play all the music boxes, snowglobes, drums, piano, harp, etc. (Sadly, I am lacking the "Drum of the Shattered Lands." Like the Terraporter that I so desperately want for my House of Portals, this is a guide quest reward. Whenever I manage to find a guide, all they're awarding are mistletoe and dragon illusions. :( ) You can find it on the housing leaderboard doohickey under small homes. I hope you enjoy it.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/1xVEk#0

[IMG]
    Jaden, Valzen, Geden and 2 others like this.
  8. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Tinker Land
    Treelily's Tenebrous Isle, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

As I mentioned in my thread, Tinker Land... or the Story of My First Tinkerfest, this was the first year I've been able to participate in Tinkerfest. While I did purchase the Tinker's Isle home, I decided to build my Tinkerfest tribute on a Tenebrous Isle. This is my tinkered adaptation of Candy Land, and it's also perfectly playable. For those lacking the Candy Land game at home, I've written a rule book on how to play it using the game's RNG.

This game can be found under "Massive Homes" on the housing leaderboard doohickey. I hope you enjoy it!

album link: http://imgur.com/a/oZIu7#0

[IMG]

The Softpaws Family Burrows
    Teensy's Everfrost Summer Home, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

Teensy approached me about building a set of burrows just outside of a long-forgotten Qeynosian Catacombs entrance. All she wanted were the burrows and gardens done. She would furnish the homes herself, so here they are!

album link: http://imgur.com/a/EipRT#0

[IMG]

The Discipleship's Guild Hall
    T2 Guild Hall, North Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

Recently, there's been some interest in renewing the Discipleship, an evil-aligned Innoruukian religious order. With the renewed interest in the guild also came the desire to update the guild hall, but because people have so many strong memories of the guild and its hall, I didn't want to change it too much. You can see the hall's journey from when it was first acquired to now.

Album links
    2008: http://imgur.com/a/7bsmi#0
    2010-2012: http://imgur.com/a/FF3mR#0
    2014 (Now): http://imgur.com/a/McFoE#0

[IMG]

Also, Niboota has toured some of my recent homes as well as my House of Portals and my husband's guild hall. Be sure to see all her video tours at evertour.livejournal.com

[IMG]

Tarasin's Frostfell, SSHHS2014
    Tarasin's Mistmoore Crags Estate, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

I got Tarasin! And I immediately decided she was the best Santee ever! She wrote her book as a story, and I love it, so I just had to respond with an in character letter of my own. I still haven't heard from Tarasin as to whether or not she likes it, but I hope she does!

album link: http://imgur.com/a/yHgHW#0

[IMG]

A Frostfell Daydream (GHC)
    Boglily's Personal Planetariums, Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

One day, Grandpa Joe decides to tell Little Billy a story. He tells of a small magical kingdom of gingerbread men led by the proud nutcracker king. He tells of a magical land in a small snowglobe where candy grows like trees, and treasure can be found at the end of rainbows. He also tells of the evil Glug who demands tribute from the villagers... but Billy has stopped paying attention by now. He's daydreaming about the little village of gingerbread men and the nutcracker king who rules them.

You can find this home on the leaderboard doohickey under Medium Homes. All the gingerbread men have house actors hidden under them, so if you visit, get close and listen to what goes on in the Frostfell Tree Snowglobe.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/xtdFz#0

[IMG]

The need for a garden was mentioned by my guild leader, to which I responded that I loved doing gardens... and wound up doing the guild's garden. So here is the English-style garden I've done for Homes and Tomes in their T3 Highkeep hall, Commonlands, on the Antonia Bayle server. Mind you, I just did the garden, nothing else in the hall.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/Fgef4#0

[IMG]
    Charlice, Jaden, Valzen and 2 others like this.
  9. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Wings of Veeshan's Guild Hall
    Wings of Veeshan's T2 guild hall in South Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

I actually finished this hall back in January, before I began working on Niboota's hall. I just never posted it. There's lots of good parts in here, and I hope you enjoy them.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/ey6dr#0
    [IMG]

Hunting Lodge by Boglily (RotR2015)
    Boglily's 4 Freedom Road, South Freeport
    Antonia Bayle

As part of the Retreat of the Rulers Contest, hosted by Homes and Tomes, I designed a hunting lodge for the Overlord of Freeport. (Everybody was choosing Antonia Bayle, Amree, and Christanos. Poor Lucan seemed a little left out.) Complete images can be found in the link below.
    This home is published on the housing leaderboard doohickey under medium homes.
    album link: http://imgur.com/a/hXICV#0

[IMG]

Jazabelle's video tour:

It's not decorating, but bwahahahaha! THE QUACKEN!!!!

[IMG]

Niboota's Personal Guild Hall
    Sovereign Pact's T3 Antonican Guild Hall, Antonica
    Antonia Bayle

This hall was a thank-you gift for Niboota who toured some of my homes earlier this year. As I do with every commission, I try to include a little surprise that I know the owner will like. In Niboota's case, it was the crooked house. I remembered how much she loved the crooked house I built in Tinker Land.

The story behind this hall is that it's a troll village. Well, you'll be able to hear the whole story when you see Niboota's video tour. Anyhow... It was fun to make and took much longer than expected to finish, due to some real life happenings. I hope you enjoy!

album link: http://imgur.com/a/RPQ0F#0

[IMG]

Niboota's virtual tour:

The Campfire
    Shalour's Oakmyst Glade, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

Originally, this commission was two "small" projects in an Oakmyst Glade. As it progressed, my client asked for a druid ring, smokehouse, stables, vegetable garden, shrine to Tunare, arena and healing grove, wolf den with an escape route at the second door to the zone. Every time I worked on one part of the house, he had an idea to add something else in another part.

Well, um... There comes a time when you can't add anymore, and that time came when the house was capped on both house items and building blocks.

So without further ado, I am officially declaring this house done.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/cR1IP#0

[IMG]
    Katz, Laliya, Jaden and 3 others like this.
  10. Niboota Well-Known Member

I'm innocent! Innocent I tell you!!
    However I pronounced Atrium all wrong. No idea what I was thinking there....:rolleyes:.
  11. Tajar Well-Known Member

<3 your stuff. As you well know :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Two comments (only two! So far... ;->): one, I did play your Tinkerfest Candyland; loved it! :D Two, I couldn't get to the linked forum entry on the housing market sales and Beta, getting this error instead:

EverQuest 2 Forums - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Is this just me, or is that no longer available even in the Archives? :(

Uwk
    Sapphirius likes this.
  13. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Huh. It looks like the post is indeed gone. It might be because the sale of decorated prestige homes idea never came to pass... and such a shame, too.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah. :(

Uwk
  15. Geden Well-Known Member

Stunning and beautiful work, as always! Unexpectedly love your red room. And all other rooms :). Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!
    SierraDawn, Jaden, Sapphirius and 2 others like this.
  16. Vichane Well-Known Member

I absolutely -love- your work...on everything. EVERYWHERE. You are one of my favorite decorators to watch, and I won't lie..i squee every time I see a new house added to this forum and in game.

-Boglilly decorating fangirl for life-
  17. Niboota Well-Known Member

Me tooooo! ;)
    *whispers* And Clancy pants
  18. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Lily Hopsalong Designs
    Lilyblossom's Freeblood Estate, Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle

This is my design office, set up in various displays similar to what you would see in a furniture and design store. In here, I've rebuilt and/or modified some of my favorite designs over the years, and I've included a few new designs that aren't published yet. This is also the home that I've linked to all my available housing layouts for easier touring in game. (I so wish we had portals for non-prestige houses!) It will change frequently and be redesigned as new furniture becomes available or as I build new things that I like. You'll see everything in here from the fish tank I built for the Discipelship's guild hall to the living room I finished for Tsvellia, modified with Dalvaren's colors.

album link: http://imgur.com/a/KBLFX#0

[IMG]

* This house is on the large homes leaderboards.

Also, because it was requested, I've modified Beverly's Qeynosian house layout and added it to the Available Housing Layouts sectoin.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So just out of curiosity, how do you and other awesome decorators decide your initial layouts? I'm sure I've asked this before, but my memory's "like a steel trap...fulla mice." --Foghorn Leghorn

Do you use graph paper, Computer Aided Drafting type programs (there are freeware ones out there), architecture-at-home programs (ditto); do you measure out things by how many Size 2 Tiles this room's floor should be (thank goodness for that particular floor pattern that's available in the Qeynos houses, but not all of them are that nice), or do you just wing it on cocktail napkins or whatever?

I think one of the things holding me back is that I want everything to be precise, and to know in advance exactly how much of what I'll need ("All right, where's the BOM [Bill of Materials] for this project?!"), especially if I get really ambitious and want to re-skin things or put up a different floor for a new room I'm making from scratch or something (well, that, and I don't have much of an interior decorator's imagination...plus I often like keeping things the way they are unless they annoy me too much by eating too many Items). ;->

Uwk
  20. Jaden Well-Known Member

Just returned to Norrath from 2008ish. One of the first threads I saw on the forums had your links in it.
    Had soooo much fun looking through your fabulously creative 'work' -- thanks!

I second Uwkete's question and will be looking forward to a "Design Your Way To Fame and Profit" coffee table book from you soon! *With a few of your best kept secrets kept secret, but basics for new would-be decorators please :D