Lighting?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Troy66666666666, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Troy66666666666 New Member

Anyway to change the lighting inside the manor or other estates? My mansion seems brightly lit without shadow? I do not want to play with gamma as it would affect the entire game. Just want a bit more warmth from candles and other forms of lighting.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

Mood lighting... love the way you think.

I wish there was a dimmer switch.

I used trees on the Tenebrous Island and it worked well.

Inside I put in a ceiling of some sorts or cover up the source. It does not eliminate it all.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true; when Uwk still had his 6-room So. Qeynos place (sigghhh...but at least the new 6-room New Halas is rent-free), I put his bedroom upstairs in the old 5-room location, and the blasted sun kept blazing through the blasted windows...Uwk's nocturnal, so he tried putting tapestries and what-not over them, thinking that would help...no dice. I probably should've put his bed up in the attic, or in the new "dorm room" once it went to six rooms. :-/

Hmm...maybe putting "cooler" lights here and there, like blue or green ones? Or dim ones that "only [give] off a gentle glow" to, I don't know, fool the eyes? I'm not much into lighting and decor, so don't take my word for it...one thing I do know, though: don't use white marble (maybe something in the "warmer" woods instead, like Teak or Redwood? Even the Black Marble can be shiny at higher graphics...)! :-/

Uwk
  4. suka Well-Known Member

in eq1 we have a dimmer switch that works well in houses. but it doesn't work in guild halls at all
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bloody hells; why did they take so much of that away from us for housing on EQ2? :-/

Uwk