lifetaps

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Salwena, Dec 18, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Salwena Guest

ok hmm, at lvl 28 we get cry for the departed. basically the exact same as warble. it does similar damage but heals us 55 damage. so so. kinda expensive mana-wise. and at lvl 28, 55 hp isnt going to save my life (well maybe rarely)

then at 29 we get Duri Doleful Thrust. does about 70 DD then (and this is confusing) does 23 a tick (power or health? im not sure) and heals us 58.

the lvl 29 song is MUCH better, even if it is confusing. 1 sec cast, 9 sec recast and alot less mana. why would i bother with cry for the departed? i guess 2 lifetaps are ok. but i think cry for the departed should be increased for how much it costs to use.

also with doleful thrust. the description when you examine it says deals disease damage over time, dealing a portion of the damage back to the dirge. this implies it heals you 58 initially then a portion of the 23 a tick that it does. it does seem to do any additional healing. also that 23 a tick. is it health or power? while the description implies actual damage but not sure.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

I'm not quite 28 yet, but from reading spell descriptions of dirges/troubs it appears that troubs will have the power draining abilities while dirges have life draining. So I imagine the it's health damage, not power. Also, are you using the adept version of that spell?
  3. ARCHIVED-Salwena Guest

i know dirges are supposed to drain health and troubs power. the main question was how come it is not transferring a portion of that back to me. and if it is draining health over power, the text needs to be changed i think

oh and yes adept 1 for each spell

Message Edited by Salwena on 12-18-2004 08:34 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-uhhhhhhhh Guest

Doleful thrust heals you for a portion of the damage it does but it doesn't continue to drain life. It continues to drain power over time which it does NOT give back to you. I am not a huge fan of Cry of the Departed or its upgrade but they useful for soloing sometimes.
  5. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

Doleful Thrust is a melee attack, not a spell/song. It is an upgrade to singing blade. It does melee damage, disease damage (damage, not damage over time), power damage over time, and is a slight heal. It is on a seperate timer as Cry of the Departed so the "why use cry of the departed" can be answered by "why not?".

I have both at Adept I and they each heal for around 55 damage. So I can get off 100 pts in heals ever 10 seconds -- not too shabby in groups where you have an aoe-ing mob or while soloing.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zeyk Guest

Here's the stupid part about our lifetaps...

They're worthless unless you're taking damage. They're cool as hell if you're tanking, they actually do give you a fair bit more hp if you use them when they refresh, Doleful Thrust and CoD. How often do you all tank? I know I rarely tank, usually group with Zerker or Guardian, I do my best to not tank, so CoD isn't even used, lol. I do use Doleful Thrust, because of the power drain, and it's a good melee attack.

The only thing I use Cry of the Departed for, is to offset Barrage or AEs. I can tell you that I'd rather have the Troub's power drains and power transfers though. All mobs are incredibly weaksauce with no power. I can deal with the HP drains/dots though, given our good debuffs that make mobs take more dmg and whatnot.
    Message Edited by Zeyk on 12-30-2004 06:34 AM