Fixed Internally Library PQ Update issue (Air PQ)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Andronikos, May 19, 2022.

1. Andronikos New Member

There seems to be something wrong with the Air PQ (Eryslai) offered by Dr. Arkana in the library. This is an update for the Celestial Doctrine quest.

I have done the quest around 10 times so far, maybe more, and have not seen this before. The water PQ was just fine.

I tried the quest with some friends (7 people) on 5/15. After we killed the last named, we got a reward, status and currency. Going outside and talking to Dr. Arkana, we did not get an update. All of my friends petitioned it, only to (sadly) get a canned response from the GMs. "You need to do 75% or higher of the participation to get credit for the quest to complete"

I tried the quest again on 5/18 - again 7 people raid. We killed the first floor and then the first named. There was another group outside our raid which managed to kill all the spiders - they were that fast. Still we concentrated on the last named and killed it.

Again, reward, status, currency etc. Going outside to Dr. Arcana again the same message "This day's chapter has not yet been written".

I did petition this and got the same response as my friends before. After inquiring more, the answer was "you need to be doing more damage and killing things faster than others".

So my question is: how can a healer (average) do more damage than a mage or a scout? Add to that that I am 120 and everyone else was 125, so there is no chance for me to get that update?

I hope that this is some kind of miscalculation bug.
    Argent, Odur27, Gharyn and 2 others like this.
  2. Argent Active Member

Same happened, 5/23 and out of the raid of 7, I can confirm 4 did not get credit -- unsure about the others.

The statement about damage and killing faster is crazy. PQ damage calculates strange to begin with and that would go against the entire concept of a PQ which is participation, not a contest.

This absolutely should be looked into.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

The issue is how participation is calculated, which includes doing a relevant percent of damage - they had to include this because of people showing up and hitting a mob once and afking the rest of the PQ, unfortunately.

However, due to the older PQ still being relevant, it is difficult to manage now because of the fairly huge discrepancy in stats between players, ESPECIALLY if you're looking at folks who are top end Vetrovia players and folks who perhaps are still actually at the appropriate level for that PQ in the first place.

They should probably adjust the PQ zone, since the zone is specific for the PQ, to auto-adjust players to the appropriate level for the PQ. However, that would likely kill any chance of anyone ever completing it again, because players only really do it anymore BECAUSE it is as easy as it is to still complete with the few players still interested.
  4. Chrol Developer

You don't need to do more damage and/or heal more than anyone else. You just need to do damage and/or heal.

We've had QA, design and code look at these PQs to try to reproduce the reported lack of participation but have not been able to, based on how participation is tracked:
    • Consistently damage mobs that are associated with the PQ
    • Healing those that are consistently damaging mobs associated with the PQ
    • Overall time damaging mobs and/or healing participants in the PQ compared to others
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Chath Well-Known Member

I am almost certain not getting credit for the PQ is not tied to participation. I get full participation rewards, doing among the highest damage/healing in the raid, but whether I get the update for Celestial Doctrine seems completely random.

I think the reason this hasn't been reproduced is because the assumption is that people not getting credit for the PQ is tied to lack of participation, and I do not believe this is the case at all. For whatever reason, sometimes people are just randomly not getting it - whether the quest object is now a random reward, or there's some other bug, I can't say. But I don't think participation is the reason why it's not awarding credit.
  6. Myxx <Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul

Just completed the Air PQ and no update on the Celestial Doctrine quest..
    Below is a screenshot of the chat window showing the status and rewards I received for completing the quest.
    An Ally's Accolade of Devastation and 10 Elemental Quintessence. However no update on the Quest. We had 8 people in a raid and followed all the steps necessary to complete.

[IMG]
    Chath and Twyla like this.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

Can anybody share any details from when you participated in the PQ that could help us reproduce the issue?
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue affecting anyone since the 06/28 update?
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Chath Well-Known Member

Done it once or twice since the update and have had no further issues. Seems resolved here.
    Twyla likes this.