Leveling warders at 90 compared to lower levels..

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-pablo420, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-pablo420 Guest

Ok so I have a 90/320 BL with 7 GM warders. When I was leveling it seemed they were fairly easy to GM (especially the first few ranks). Now that Im max aa etc Im trying to catch up and level all the rest of the warders to get the primals. I sat in the hole for 30min killing random mobs and getting the affinity has increased message only to check the bar and see that it had hardly moved. So I asked in my server's BL channel and people say I should mentor to 80 and hit chelsith etc and kill heroic mobs. Ok np, I do that with the same results in a longer span of time.
    There's another post further down on this board where one person claims it's harder as you level. Im not sure that's the case but being at work right now I can't exactly grind another to 30 to test this theory. It seems likely but maybe they seemed to level so fast because I was concentrating on my own xp/aa rate. So on to the questions..
    1) Do warders level faster if the beastlord is a lower level?
    2) Do heroic/epic etc. mobs give more affinity than normal mobs?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

1. Kinda. You still need the same number of "affinity gain" but lower level mobs die faster (usualy)
    2. No.
  3. ARCHIVED-pablo420 Guest

So when Im told in my server's BL channel that journeyman to adept for a warder shouldn't take a long time I'm just getting trolled? As I said in my first post I'm grinding mobs and getting the affinity message on most every kill. Mentored or not my warder's bar barely moves after 25-30 minutes of grinding. These are mobs that I'm 1-2 shotting after weakness procs and I'm using an advantage.
  4. ARCHIVED-CleeGrahamx2099 Guest

It's very, very boring but I have been leveling my warders by going out in Great Divide by the Pools and Ascent zone in and fighting all the agro rime soldiers around. Go into spiritual, start from the middle camp by the Storm Gorge entrance, make your way to the right on the outside, then theres about 3 more camps, keep going on the outside by Ascent, then just keep doing that circle. It's not going to be super fast or super fun but it does work and that is how I have been doing it. Just a thought on to help you out anyway. Good luck.
  5. ARCHIVED-pablo420 Guest

This whole thread should be deleted. I'm just coming back after a break and just had to update my UI. Thanks for the tips on pet leveling though.
  6. ARCHIVED-CleeGrahamx2099 Guest

/fired. You sir, have been fired. Have a good day = D lol