Leveling up the Warder pet?

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-mehisay, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-SirBarmace Guest

juvondy wrote:
  2. ARCHIVED-SirBarmace Guest

juvondy wrote:
    Level locked for 90 levels that is CRAZY. I can hold out for 10 levels then I either can not do any missions because they are too high or I am too bored. I am currently level 30 with 40AA. I probably can squeek out another 10 then I will want to level again. :)
    I salute you
  3. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Pet leveling speed seems ok at low levels.
    I m 36 with one master cat and one expert bear. Others are journeyman.
  4. ARCHIVED-kathyd Guest

Was wondering if you have to be level 90 before the pet becomes a master--it is now at the grandmaster level, but I heard that there are 2 gm levels--1 and 2 is this correct. Also how do we get the mytical pet? Are there quest to do or do we just keep leveling the pet? I am really confused on this one. But I have to say it is one of the best classes to play.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Your warder is always the same level as you. I.e. if you're level 55 so is your warder.
    In addition your warder can gain affinity levels from journeyman through grandmaster. This is a whole different kind of leveling. However, it won't do that until you hit level 30. I think at that time you get a popup explaining things. If you miss it EQ2wire has a very nice writeup of beastlords which I strongly recommend you read.
    If the fight is over too fast you won't get affinity for a kill. I think you have to use an advantage on the same mob your warder is fighting. In addition, the rule of thumb which works for me is the fight has to last at least two rounds. If the first advantage you use kills the mob you won't get affinity.
    I'm level 48 and have three grandmastered warders with a fourth well on its way. For the way I play warder leveling comes quite naturally just through gameplay. I don't go out of my way to level my warders other then rotating through them so I'm usually playing with one which has room to grow.
    I spend a lot of time in heroic dungeons with a mercenary and use feral stance exclusively. My warders seem to level just fine just by doing the dungeon. I don't do anything special. I think the longer fights against heroic mobs give much better affinity. However, when I'm fighting I"m thinking about killing the mobs, not about how best to level my warder as that just comes.
    I shunt almost all of my experience to AAs because I don't want to outlevel the content too fast -- I'm having a lot of fun and am in no hurry to reach 90. I could easily be 20-30 levels higher if I didn't do that but it would be a unfun grind so I won't.
    I find solo mobs with a beastlord too easy to be fun.. However, if you spend your time killing solo mobs you'll probably have to do something in addition as they simply die too fast to gain affinity a lot of the time. I saw some people deliberatly use spirtual stance because it doesn't kill them as fast. Other things which make you less effecient at killing wouild work too. Or do like me and grab a mercenary and head for the nearest dungeon that's your level.
    As for leveling all the warders, I personally see no need. I plan to level the warders I"ll actually use for various situations, and then perhaps see what I can do about the others as I feel like it; but I"m not going to stress about getting them all grandmastered. I bet that even at 90 I won't be using more then 4-5 on a regular basis. Maybe more like 2-3. Very likely only the exotics at that point. Why bother leveling all those others?
    The nice thing about all those warders is they all have a different mix of skills. Study them all carefuly and use the ones which mesh best with your playstyle.
    Anyway that's my approach. I've been having a blast on my beastlord. It's definately becoming my new main.
    Edit: after playing a lot over the weekend I no longer think you actually have to use an advantage on the same mob as your warder, but you do have to use an advantage in the same encounter and it can't kill the mob. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it works so that's very tentative. But they definately level just fine if you're doing heroic content that's your level. At least they do for me.