Leveling transmuting

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Dilbert, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Windru New Member

Thanks Meirril. You answered my question by saying there is no minimal level, because you said there is a minimal chance of 20% for a skill up.

While you were responding, I was making a few calculations (which are now irrelevant). My character was 265, muting a maximum of level 58 items. I tried a few items around 42-43, and got a skillup to 266. So I tried a couple around level 36, and got a skillup to 267. So again, I tried some lower items, and from my small sample size, I got no skillup from 2 level 29 items, probably because I failed at the 20% chance you mentioned. I did get a skillup to 268 muting a level 30 item. It's probably just a coincidence that the level 29 items were exactly half of my current skill level 58 items, but I thought I should mention it.
    Calthine likes this.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

If you really wanted to you could skill up from 1 to max in a newbie zone. I just think it would be incredibly slow and boring to do it.
  3. Liral Active Member

Not aware of that quest only the one for the leaper mount. Happen to know the quest name?

Was hoping the equipment thread had it but didn't' see it there, only faction horses from Mara.
  4. Gudum Active Member

He is referring to the tradeskill questline in ButcherBlock that starts at about level 20, you get a pack horse mount about half-way through. Quest starts with the NPC on the docks, between the two piers.
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

6. Liral Active Member

7. Entropy Well-Known Member

If you have the plat to do it, just buy Adept books off the broker en masse and blow them all up. Lower levels may require a mix of books and some gear too. I maxed it recently with about 100p investment. (If you're L95 you can farm TOV shinies for several hundred plat an hour, if you need money.)
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

As for harvesting we should be able to break any item with a zero skill. For sure it will fail, but it will grant you a skill increase chance.

Anyway i don't really care since i can transmute anything that is inherited.
  9. pumancat Well-Known Member

How do you even start to transmute? It says my skill level is 5, and need to be skill of 25, but I can't find any items to breakdown under level 10. What gives?
  10. Karrane Well-Known Member

Items under lvl 10 are super hard to come by.

When I level a new transmuter, I have my sage make lvl 1 expert spells and I transmute them until I can find other items to use.
    I think any mastercrafted item that uses a rare in its makeup can be transmuted.

You can also Chrono down to lvl 5 and hit up a newbie area =)
  11. Bestiarator Member

I have transmuted the last 5 items successfully and received fragments or powder, but my level has stayed stuck at 23. Any idea why I am not gaining additional levels?
  12. Lenolian Active Member

you dont get a skillup for every transmuting done. Keep doing it, it will increase eventually.
  13. Ranga Active Member

What level are you? Transmuting level max is the highest of your ts or adv level.
  14. Bestiarator Member

20 TS and 11 Adventuring.
  15. Ranga Active Member

Run of bad luck, keep at it I am afraid. I think its a 1/4 chance of a skillup each time.
  16. Bestiarator Member

Shall do. I'll level up another 2 in TS just as a precautionary measure before doing any further transmuting - maybe it will break my losing streak! ;)