leveling tradeskill

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by AngryConjy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. AngryConjy Active Member

Ok I just hit level 95 woodworker, Sudden decrease in leveling?????

I was doing 3 writs rushed to complete a level. now, 1 writ, I get 7.6 % and this WITH 110 bonus potion?

what gives? why the change?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Did you run out of vitality?
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

96-100 takes a bit more effort, but it's easier if you run the new questline to get to 97, then writs are back to being good.
  4. Sambril Well-Known Member

The AoM daily and weekly give tons of xp and will use xp boosters like vitality, potions and items
    Shmogre and Finora like this.
  5. Rawd New Member

Yes, it takes much longer to go 95-100 if you just do writs.

My advice would be to first complete AoM TS quest line. It can be done at a low adventure level without much trouble. This should take you (depending on your rest level) more than half the way through. Final AoM TS reward - Mark of the Far Seas - also give you nice 20% XP boost. After that you can go back to writs or do repeatable TS quests - they reward a lot of XP - or you can go back to writs.
    Griff, Hijinx and Shmogre like this.
  6. AngryConjy Active Member

I am level 96 now and starting the cobalt tradeskill line.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Go to Tranquil Sea and do the AoM tradeskill quest line first. The big reward in that line gives you a ring with a 20% bonus to xp. You can go back and do other questlines or just do the repeatable daily/weekly quests in AoM to level faster.
    Shmogre likes this.
  8. Derfel Active Member

Hand of the maker is a nice item but if leveling is your priority finishing the AoM line and gaining access to the new weekly (and its enormous slug of ep) is the next step. You'll be 100 before you know it (got all my alts to 100 writ free).
    Finora likes this.