Level by grouping?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by oldtimegamer, Feb 18, 2013.

1. oldtimegamer New Member

Played at launch for a month and thinking about giving this game a go.
    I am wondering if people group while leveling or just solo like most games now.
    If this is possible I would like to maximize my odds.

Is there a server that might have more lower level people or alts looking to group?
    Is there a class that there is never enough of?

Thanks much.
  2. Salavar Active Member

Solo, it's all solo to lvl 80 or 90
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Yeah...unless you bring your own group of friends with you, it's pretty much solo till the end of the game. That's the bad news. The good news is you level pretty fast anymore.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you get into a guild, you can find groups at lower levels too. Well, some guilds, at least.
  5. Treiko Active Member

Yea, groups pre-90 are slim to none, and that's even in a guild. If you find an amazing guild though, your odds increase. The problem with most guilds (and this is my own experience) is that they all have cliques, and if you are new to the guild, you are not in the clique. The other thing is that most people are jaded to new members because there are players that take advantage of generosity, IE they get PL'd and leave, they get gear or coin and leave, or in much rarer cases now, get immediate access to guild banks and empty them out. I wish you the best in your lvling endeavors - as was stated above it does go pretty quick now, but I agree with your sentiment OP; I miss low lvl groups.
  6. SentinelBasch Active Member

I've done some grouping up, but not much. Mainly just to help out other players who asked for it.

I do believe that the mercenary system is also a factor in why so many people stay solo. Walking around on my server, I feel in the minority, because so many people are walking around with mercs, even outside the dungeons. All content through Level 50 (including dungeons) has been easier than any other MMO I've played, and I don't use nor have I needed any mercs, but if a player needs or wants the extra boost, the option is there. Either way, it makes early game grouping largely unnecessary.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

While mercs are perpetuating the problem a bit, they actually were added to help out because it was already difficult to find groups for some things.

You can try using the dungeon finder, I hear there are more people using that thing now than there were, otherwise go old school & ask in level chats (1-9 as well as your appropriate level chat). I still see 2-3 people lfg in level chats for 10-15 minutes that would make a perfectly servicable group altogether for their levels.

As the above poster said, 1-50 content is pretty easy. Most of that is original game content that was made pretty easy due to players complaining and then on top of that gear has gotten incredibly powerful in that level range compared to what it used to be.

For servers, while I personally think EF is awesome & I've seen a lot of alts/new players lvls 20+ here lately Freeport and Antonia Bayle have the densest populations. I would guess both are top heavy like most other servers now though due to the ease of leveling and desire of so many to just be powerleveled up.