Level 95 Crafting Spells - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I wrote, on a previous post, about the level 95 crafting spells. I now know they are tied to our AA trees but that strikes me as being really illogical.

I can see why the harvesting aid is tied to the solo AA tree as I wouldn't want to go out harvesting without also being able to fight when necessary. What I don't understand, is why the crafting tables would be tied to the harvesting and hunting AA tree.

I assume it is possible to cast a table and then change an AA tree but that seems illogical. For example, suppose a ranger, who uses a bow, runs out of arrows in a zone. He's a woodworker so he wants to make some more arrows because the nearest merchant is across the zone.

He finds a safe spot to cast a woodworking table and then has to go to the AA feature to change his AA tree so he can mass produce the arrows he needs. After he's through, he has to remember to restore the solo AA tree.

Am I the only one who thinks this is nuts? The craft tables should be aligned with mass production--not fighting and harvesting.

I admit I wasn't playing when these features were introduced so I'm not aware of any discussions that occurred at that time. Perhaps everyone has already complained or maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture. I would love to be enlightened as to how this makes sense.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Well, you don't have to do all one tree or another. You can have a point in summon crafting tables, and points in mass produce, all at the same time..
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I rarely spec into mass production anymore. I simply equip The Hand of the Maker from the Cobalt Scar tradeskill quest series. 10 of whatever I'm making is usually enough.
    Finora and Malfaer like this.
  4. Axterix Active Member

I wish you couldn't swap back and forth so easily when it comes to the tradeskill prestige stuff. Makes the choices pretty much irrelevant and nothing more than a hassle. Might as well give us all everything, all the time. That said, it is what it is. If you don't want to swap as much, carry one of the tinkered woodworking summoning tables. They're cheap.
    Deveryn likes this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Either carrying the tinkered tables or checking your quiver on logging in and restocking as necessary will help a ton.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

i find that the thick bear quivers carry 24 stacks and that is enough to last me through several days but i always check and restock before going out in the morning.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you've unlocked dungeon maker (or have the entire AoD package) you can also get a dimensional quiver for 100 tokens that holds 32 stacks...
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

Sure we can work around the problem but that wasn't my point. I'm just saying the alignment is illogical.

There are so many illogical things to this game that I sometimes wonder about the people who make the final decisions on things. It's like no one, designing a feature, actually tries it out, for any length of time, to see if it is illogical or irritating.
  9. Axterix Active Member

I wouldn't call it illogical at all. The left tree is pretty much a crafting support tree. You get more rares, something to harvest for you, the ability to turn items into harvests, the ability to summon crafting stations wherever you are, and the ability to improve rares. Of those, all but one (Refining) serve to make everything you do prior to clicking create less of a hassle.

The right tree speeds up crafting itself, with boosts to progress, success chance, crit success, and the ability to make multiple things at once. Systematic Conservation is the one that doesn't quite fit that theme, but having that split from Mass Production wouldn't make much sense, so it goes there as well.

If you want to talk about a poorly thought out tree, that's the center tree. Longer food/drink duration should not be a Tradeskill prestige thing. Seriously, who thought, "I know what people who take crafting to max level want: longer lasting food and drink!"? And the faster mount movement? Well, I guess you could call that somewhat crafting related because it makes you take less time traveling to the next node to harvest,but even that is a bit of a stretch. Both of those could really stand to be something else. It is also the only tree without some form of synergy between its final node and one of the previous ones. The left has Seasoned Harvesting and Salvage, both of which provide more rares for Refining. The right has Systematic Conversation, which goes great with the larger quantity of mats used when using Mass Production. The middle? Nope. And Experimentation itself is just poorly balanced to top it all off.

But that's the center tree. The right and left, they are fine and make sense as they are.
    Kuulei, Mermut and suka like this.
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

I think the logic behind putting summon crafting benches in the Harvesting tree is that harvesters will go out into the field to work. When you think about it, the Harvesting line is the only one where you naturally assume that the crafter MUST leave the safety of his workshop. It really does make sense.

That said, if you invest your points wisely you can put a few points into summoning crafting station as well as the full Mass Production line. I don't think you need a full 5 points worth of summoning to make arrows in an emergency.
    Kuulei and suka like this.
  11. Akina_Storms Active Member

you can also use the ammunition depot in order to have a lot of them stored...
    suka likes this.
  12. Luperza Community Manager

I've changed the title of this thread from "This is Illogical" to Level 95 Crafting Spells - Discussion." I'm sure you can see how one of these is more helpful and constructive than the other. ;)

Please title your posts appropriately and keep the discussion clean and constructive.
    Faeonara and suka like this.