Level 90 Noob question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-taneil, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-taneil Guest

I have played off and on since this game came out. Finally hit 90 on my pally, but haven't kept up with the game so well.
    As I understand it, right now, Pally's have become AA heavy in that regard whats a decent Solo/Small group build for secondary tank?
    Also having trouble figuring out what the best armor to pick up in the marketplace is. I see this Vanquisher armor looks good but seems PvP heavy. Any use to a PvE type? It has about the best mitigation from what I can see.
    Is the solo epic quest for the class weapon the way to go for a weapon? or should I be looking for something else.
    Also, it use to be that if tanking we use a one hander with a shield and if off-tank we used a two hander, does that still stand?
  2. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

What are you on about ?
    There are no armor sets with stats in the market place.
    You entry level armor to DoV is PQ armor, then you have the heroic zones where you can pick armor with better stats. After that , if you do raid you can jump into tofx x2, EM x4 and get better armor with focus from there.
    If you don't raid the best you can aspire to is Rygorr armor for which you need to run a bunch of DoV instances to get enough shards.
    The class weapon quest was good at level 80. You still need to do it though and complete Epic Repercussions as well you get your mythical buff(s). After that you can either start with faction weapons or run instances or tofx x2 until you get a decent weapon.
  3. ARCHIVED-Boethius_Permafrost Guest

You'll want public quest armor ("piece of woe") from the ringwar and storm gorge, adorn all yellow slots with 2.5 crit mit from the previous expansion if you have the marks of manaar or whatever.
    Then save primal velium shards to upgrade to "rygor" armor, and adorn that with 5 crit mit from velious on all yellow slots. Go for daily double and dominance as much as you can, as these shards are your main upgrade path for armor. The gems drop in kael but can be bought from the marketplace, something like: scintillating X gem
    (There are also some armor drops from instances, but they are inferior to the PQ armor due to set bonus, in my opinion, plus it might be easier to upgrade to the really good rygor crafted armor (commission only) then to actually get a full set of instance gear.)
  4. ARCHIVED-taneil Guest

There is no armor with stats in the marketplace?!?! Most evey piece of armor I have ever worn comes from the market place and has stats. We must be speaking different terminology.

Anyway, sound like life at 90 is about shards. I guess I need to get on that.
  5. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

Do you mean broker? To me, marketplace is station cash.
  6. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Klive@Mistmoore wrote:
    Yah i think they mean broker and master crafted gear.
  7. ARCHIVED-taneil Guest

Yup you got me I ment broker.

Anyway I have managed lvl 90 after playing for however long it is that this game has been out. I am away often and don't keep up with EQ2 new.
    Started up again recently to play with friends once or twice a week. I would like to be at my best as a Pally but could use some guidance on what weapons and armor I need. Raids and Shard quest are a tough one for me because I don't play very often. So, given limit means and time what can I get ahold of at level 90 soloing or with small 2-3 man groups.
  8. ARCHIVED-taneil Guest

Well for anyone else coming back from a long break from the game, this is what has worked for me since my return.
    I got about 100p together and upgrade my jewelry and a few pieces of armor. From the broker look up Challenger, there are a few good pieces there for cheap.
    From there you should be able to handle the first batch of quests in the Great Divide. The otter people (Othimir?) have quite a few easy quests that will score the Othimir armor.
    From there you can look for the two public quests out in Great Divide proper. Usually there will be a large pick up raid forming close to the time the PQ starts. Depending on your play style your can nab a full set of WOE armor and a few adornments pretty quick.
    Once thats done its fairly easy to handle most of the overland zones in the new expansion and be viable again in pick groups.
    hope that helps.