Level 40 sage buff broken?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Sethar, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Sethar Guest

I just dinged level 40 on my Sage today, and I saw something kind of strange with the buffs: Level 2 - Decrease durability by 6.0, Increase progress by 18.0 (Named Spellbinding) Level 20 - Decrease durability by 9.0, Increase progress by 27.0 (named Incantation) Level 40 - Decrease durability by 3.0, Increase progress by 9.0 (named Hex) Seems to me like it should have been Decrease Durability by 12.0, Increase progress by 36.0 Am I missing something?
  2. ARCHIVED-rejester45 Guest

[p]This seems to be about the way it is for alchemists too. Level 30 is when you get your best ones in my opinion, in fact the only counter on my by primary crafting hot bar that are past lvl 30 are the ones that use power because they seem to increase correctly when you lvl. Dont know why it is. Hopfully its on a devs list to fix.[/p][p] Amud 40brig/65alchemist[/p][p]Teace 26assassin/53woodworker[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p]Its like that on all classes.... shhhhhhhhhhhh[/p][p]somethings dont need to be fixed hehe[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-pointytail Guest

Nope! You have missed nothing at all. It's about choices. You can make use of the newest and (mostlylikelynot-)greatest counters if that is your style or mix-and-match them to your benefit. Don't worry, it gets better on later. :-D
  5. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

if you look, the ratio is the same, and while not linear (yeah, i dont know why either), its all the same effect, just how much do you want to do right now? the L40 actaully has some use, if you want to add some progress, but dont want much of a hit on dur. its not very usefull, but meh, somewhere, someone has it on their bar. also, keep in mind, it might affect other things we dont see (soe is sometimes bad for this) oh, and about the only thing some of the "meh" counters are good really are gett your skill capped right after you ding, but thats about it sometimes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Spectralmist Guest

I'm glad you noticed this. I think it's the level 61 buff that get's better for durability? I pretty much use the same three buttons every time, and they are from all different tiers. I use the +progress -durability, the +durability -% success, and the +progress -power buffs. I've looked at all my buffs from all tiers, and picked the 'best' choices for those. I also have the +progress -%success button that give a ton of progress nearby - just in case. I'd note the exact tiers for what I'm using right now - but I just can't remember off the top of my head.