Level 40-50 Guardians, post your gear!

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-TunaBoo, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

I always like seeing some weird items out there so I know what else is around. This is the pile of crud that I am currently using...

/updated july 11

[IMG]
    Message Edited by TunaBoo on 05-25-2005 03:57 AM
    Message Edited by TunaBoo on 07-11-2005 02:04 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-uglak Guest

Tuna, Is the rubicite BP better then the pristine fulganate ? Where did you get that Monsoon at, a master chest off a raid mob? Seems like monsoon would be a heritage quest since it came from EQ1...

I would try to put up a pic of my junk if I can figure out how to upload it.
    Message Edited by uglak on 03-01-2005 12:33 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Fafnir Guest

Rubi bp is better than fulginate and worse than ebon. Monsoon comes from the Heart of Fear quest in CT.

Some suggestions for the shopping list:

1. Weapons
    • 1hs - Bloodfire from Heart of Fear Quest, Primastic Longsword from Deception quest
    • Piercing -
    • 1hb - Ebon crafted
    • 2hs - EBBC, Monsoon from HoF Quest (most people choose Bloodfire)
    • 2hb - Heiro Crook
    • Dual wield - SBD, SSOY
    • Master chest drops
      • Tundran War Axe 1hs from EF
    (Is the 2h axe from Miraguls better than the EBBC?)

2. Armor
    • Rubicite - good for all armor slots. Can get all bits from named in perma, arms/helm from lizards in CT, bp from glacial constructs in EF, legs from bees in drafling tower or from VOF subzone off Lavastorm, wrists from nightbloods in RV and gloves from Rulgrax in RunnyeyeB;
    • Ebon - pristine forged ebon vanguard, from T5 rare harvest or dropped on multi-group boss mobs.
    • Legendary Jboots for feet, or Drudo's Kickin' Boots from RV nightblood kill quest if you want sta/agi
    • Master chest drops
      • Gloves of gloom - Fire Toads in Lavastorm
      • (the BP from Rivervale)
      • Vanguard Sabatons of Fortification - groupx4 named in Zarvonn's Tower
    3. Shield
    • Pristine Conditioned Cedar Tower Shield - harvested in T5. 806AC
    • Master chest drops
      • Ice prism - Iceberg in EF
    4. Bow
    • Cedar - harvested in T5
      • Longbow is 57hps, 46pwr, 8agi and 7str (+ other stats)
      • Shortbow is 5 int, 11 agi, 8 str, 6 wis, 52hp, 50 power, base 28-140, 4.5 delay range 27m. Go for this if you like agi.
    5. Jewellery
    • Rings
      • Ruby ring - Ador named in PF
      • Black diamond ring
      • Ring of Greater Cleansing - off Bloodthirsty Leopard or Dreadwake in EF
      • Ring of Deep Ice - unknown
      • Master chest drops
        • Band of Exile - off Solusek's Fist, afaik (88ac, 12agi, 7sta, 45health)
    • Ears
      • Hoop of Intrigue - Fridgebeard in PF
      • Fishbone Earring - heritage quest
    • Neck
      • Curn Eye Neckguard - from the completion of the statues quests in PF
      • Master chest drops
        • Pearl Kedge Neckguard - Master drop off Lizard in Obelisk. 7 more hps than CEN but 4 less AC
      • Necklace of Doom - unknown
    • Wrists
      • Bracelet of glowing shards - from collection quest. Folks like this for the agi and sta and often have 2 of them
      • Treedins Mystic Symbol - from Drafling Tower access quest
    Personally, I'd like the list to comprise what you want by the current end game, not what is easy to achieve, so I know what to look out for.
    Fafnir

Message Edited by Fafnir on 03-09-2005 03:51 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Wadoon Guest

Why do most guardians like to wear the Journeman boots? I prefer Drudo's Kickin Boots myself - 7sta 11agi 29 health 33 power 290 magic 484 mental and 270ac.
    Yeah, it doesn't have as much AC, but i'd think the extra sta/agi would add up for that and go behind it in benefit.
  5. ARCHIVED-ThramFalcox Guest

Rubicite Gloves drop frequently off Lord Rulgax in Runnyeye.

Most folks wear the JBoots for the run speed and the extra AC. Yes there are better boots out there, but its just annoying to constantly swap out boots whenever you want to fight for minimal benefit.
  6. ARCHIVED-Fafnir Guest

Can you remember what level Rulgax is? 41? 42?
  7. ARCHIVED-ThramFalcox Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Fafnir Guest

Thanks - a very lucky level. Annoying though that the access quest is broken.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fafnir Guest

Just as an aside, I'm sorry you got 1 starred, Tuna. I presume that person thought you were showing off and gave you a 1 star. I look at it differently - without posts like this, I wouldn't know what I'm missing out on.

I've discovered the location of an item I want, and identified a few new items I want to get.

Thats very valuable to me. Thank you.
  10. ARCHIVED-Araking Guest

Good Post Tuna.
    One Question,most of guardian say rare jewely is not worth making.
    But as long as looking at your gear,rare crafted ring seems pretty good.
    I assume getting rare at Lv40,then last long enough till you get raid drop.
    Do you still think Adept3 arts are better choice?
  11. ARCHIVED-Fafnir Guest

You mean the ruby ring? That's a drop.
  12. ARCHIVED-Araking Guest

no no,I mean pristine fashioned ruby(or rhodium) ring seems better choice than dropped ruby ring.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sazzabi8 Guest

Can't get image to work... Click the box below!

[IMG]
    Message Edited by Sazzabi8 on 03-04-2005 03:16 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Napolleon Guest

nice gear tuna and WOW i want those gloves.. what mob did you get from (i know its porbably random off same named in that zone but maybe not)
  15. ARCHIVED-annyliu123 Guest

Primastic Longsword from Deception quest , Where to get this Deception quest pls?
  16. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Actually I have a different bow that I forgot to put up, I jsut use it for stats

Spikeshot of doom
    9 int, 8 agi, 10 str, 10 wis, 58 hp, 50 power

Beats cedar bows for the stats I care about.

Ice Prism shield drops off iceberg in everfrost
    Gloves of Gloom drop off fire toads in lavastorm
    hoop of intrique dropped off of fridgebeard in perma

Interested where those nice boots above dropped, that is one item I have not seen. I assume just a rare global master, but never know.

The prismatic weapons stem from a quest in lavastorm, the 50 hallmark. Someday I'll do ;p
  17. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Oh it is, and someday I will start filling in some weak slots with rare crafted jewelery.. but I have put my money in adept3s and decent gear so far.. pretty happy with spells, not happy with gear. Working on getting a BP and Helm to drop, and waiting for someone to give me back my ebon for legs.
  18. ARCHIVED-Grondax Guest

The cedar short bow has 11 agil, and 8 str. So if you like agil that's better. Has much nicer stats then longbow. Only use the long if you raid and need the range to get out of AE range of some mobs.
    I'm personally hoping that they make the Crown armor type change based on class. I'd love a hvy version of that. A helm with tank stats *drool*
  19. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Yah cedar short good too.. but the guy making mine nerfed it. No more cedar short bows for tuna for a while unless I win one on a raid ;)

Crown has uber stats if it had good ac and was heavy.. but if not I will have the master helm soon that matches gloves of gloom.. not the best stats but boatloads of AC so I will deal.
  20. ARCHIVED-Thunderbrew Guest

Jesus, nice items TunaBoo

Sad thing is, how bad Lvl 50's get the shaft, really, it's a turnoff to get to lvl 50...

After quests like deception, and other high end content, really nothing else to do...you're overqualified for pretty much every item, etc.

What are you left to do, tradeskill and run around? Seems lame to me...but...that's coming from a jealous lvl 24 Guardian.