Level 22 choices

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-EQ-IQ, Jun 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-EQ-IQ Guest

I just dinged 22 and was wondering what the most useful choice is, i can get a 2.5% power pool increase, or a 5 point power regeneration increase.
    I solo quite a lot because i am english on a US server and its usually pretty empty, but i also group whenever there is one available, so i am not sure. My figuring is power pool better for grouping but regen better for solo? anyone know which is best in the long run?
  2. ARCHIVED-IceDragon7878 Guest

Regen 100% of the way... the power pool increase isnt really all that signifigant but the regen i think is 10x better... even if it just helps you get some extra power for sprinting thru zones its better than the power pool i would say
  3. ARCHIVED-RandomPlayer Guest

There are pros and cons to each trait....

out of combat power regen makes soloing a bit faster, as there is less downtime. however by buying good provisioner crafted drinks you can make up the difference in most cases. when you are in a group, most fights won't take long enough to drain much power, and you can use your spells to convert health to power and have the group priest heal you, so it's not really useful in these cases.

power pool increase will make long fights more survivable and you'll be more useful on bosses, named heroics, and raids. you can add +INT items to increase your pool to make up the difference in most cases, but every little bit helps. it really stinks getting something down to 5% health after 10 tries and you think you finally have it, when you go OOM and have to /yell and run.

Personally I picked power pool and buy orange crafted drinks. And I still find myself OOP on certain fights like when soloing or duoing heroics alot more often than I find myself waiting between fights for power to regen.

Good Luck
    RP

edit - ps remember that while 2.5% isn't a huge amount when you have only 1000 or 1500 power but by level 50 it'll be quite a bit more - the equivalent of 2-3 extra nukes before going OOM.
    Message Edited by RandomPlayer on 06-14-2005 03:03 PM