level 20 uniqueness ability

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-Raolin, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalterax Guest

I responce would be nice wouldn't it? So far no Selo's....still praying for it in the expansion...and I'm only 27...*grumbles*.

Can't imagine how happy I'll be at 50...we get the same runspeed booster everyone else gets - too bad it costs almost 10 plat. :smileymad:
  2. ARCHIVED-__kirby__ Guest

I completely agree, why not just throw around idea's for other things that might be a good substitute.

Increased runspeed song (already discussed)

Okay now bear with me, I didn't read all the songs I will have in the future, I am only a 20 Troubador...

New Ability? Perhaps one or two alternate dance styles instead of the (Look at me! I can wiggle!.. Watch me slap my rear!)
    I admit this one would prove hard, and completely new animation, maybe a lot more work? But would be worth it to see happen.

Someone (maybe in this same thread) Mentioned something about bards having the image of being big men of legends, perhaps making the song alter their size to appear bigger and tougher than they actually are?

Another, perhaps the same, Shrinking the player, allowing him to get into places that others perhaps could not.. Would work very well with a gnome/halfling/ratonga bard. (Stick em in your pocket! jk)

I know we had a luring song, I think, that you can make an npc follow you, but once you attack it is gone? What about a provocation song, that charms the creature and compells it to fight for you, for a duration, or fight, whatever?

Oh oh! Is there a beter stun song maybe? While singing, has a fast recyling to stun the npc creature in awe at your words? (Might sound like more of a Dirge song)

<____insert name___'s> Uplifting Melody.. Group levitation, within a short radius around Troubador?

Again, these are just a few idea's I never really tought TO long and hard about. Feel free to, er, well comment or.. flame for not doing research beforehand.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jymtarr Guest

Most classes don't get a skill at 20 that enhances your character, and while you may be upset now ina few months when everyone has their horses that are much, much better than the paladins horse, it will be the Paladin's and SK, who are complaining. Also, the Horse really isn't that muh faster, I can keep up no problem with my run buff (I'm a swashbuckler)

Everyone who got an emote as their fluff spell got shafted.... but saying "Oh SOE you messed up so bad, say you're sorry!" c'mon....it's not that big of a deal, let's save the theatrics for the real battles. There are much more iportant issues, at hand here seriously.

I hope it gets changed, but I'm not going to get my panties in a wad about it.

Message Edited by Jymtarr on 12-07-2004 03:43 PM